Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 6LPA-STP
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 315hp
- Type: Inboard
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
Prominent features making this Back Cove 29 stand out among the others:
- FACTORY-UPGRADE YANMAR 315 HP ENGINE WITH LOW HOURS - APPROXIMATELY 365 HOURS.
SOLAR-POWERED ELECTRICAL SYSTEM - ADDED 3kW INVERTER & TWO 8D BATTERIES - POWERS A/C & HEAT
- THE ONLY 29 WITH WALK THROUGH TRANSOM
- BOW THRUSTER
- ONBOARD Wi-Fi & CABLE
- FULL COCKPIT ENCLOSURE
- 8.5' ACHILLES INFLATABLE DINGHY INCLUDED (davits on swim platform)
Recent service on "Robert H" includes:
- FRESH BOTTOM PAINT, PROP/SHAFT & THRU-HULL SERVICE (03/2022)
- NEW RAYMARINE E120 (CHARTPLOTTER, RADAR, GPS, & SONAR) (03/2022)
- RECENT ENGINE SERVICE (03/2022)
- FRESH BUFF & WAX + VARNISH (05/2022)
- Cherrywood interior
- Spring-loaded Dinette table with backrest cushions (converts to double V-berth)
- Electric freshwater head w/ sink/shower
- Shelves above berth
- Cedar-lined hanging locker
- 4 Stainless steel portlights with screens
- Clarion Stereo system with interior speakers
- Large Flat Screen TV Mounted on V-berth bulkhead
- Storage under Dinette and forward berth
- Lewmar Hatch
- Additional engine access behind cabin steps
- All owner's manuals onboard
- Vitrifrigo AC/DC fridge w/ freezer compartment
- Galley sink with single lever faucet and drop-in cover
- Solid surface countertop
- Countertop cabinet
- Origo Alcohol/110V single burner stove
- Origo Microwave built into cabinet
- Drawer and doors below counter
- SeaVon Dehumidifier
DECK: & COCKPIT:
- Likely the ONLY 29 with a walkthrough transom done by Driscoll Custom Boats, using Back Cove supplied fittings
- Hardtop & Bimini w/ full strataglass enclosures! (additional bug screen enclosures stored in cabin)
- Swim platform and swim ladder (includes canvas cover)
- Igloo Cooler with snap-on cushion
- Storage hatch in aft-cockpit
- 2 Pompanette helm seats
- L-Settee to port with backrest (seats 3)
- Cherrywood Cockpit Table
- Port and starboard molded steps leading to side and foredeck
- Engine room access hatch (new shocks installed 2022)
- 2 Lewmar Hatches on hardtop
- Magma Grill mounted on port-aft cockpit
- Oar & Boat hook storage on starboard side
- Saltwater washdown faucets at bow and stern
- Cockpit shower
- Electric Windlass w/ anchor locker & anchor roller
- Bow Anchor - (Plow Type with 150' HT Chain & 250' Nylon Rode)
- Stern anchor (Danforth w/ 40' Chain & 150' Nylon Rode)
- Teak accent stripe (recently varnished!)
- 2 sets of life vests
Fuel: 150 gallons in aluminum tank.
Water: 30 gallons in poly tank.
- Raymarine E120 with Chartplotter, GPS, Radar & Sonar (installed 2022)
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot
- ICOM VHF Marine IC-M424G VHF Radio/GPS
- Clarion Sound System Helm Remote
- Sony Cockpit Speakers (new in 2020)
- Long Range WAVE WiFi Antenna with NetGear Router 5
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 315 HP Yanmar 6LPA-STP with 361 hours
- ZF-63A Transmission (2:1 Ratio)
- SidePower Bow Thruster with joystick control
- Engine control panel with alarms and hour meter
- Fireboy Fire Suppression System
- Internal sea strainer
- Racor 500 Fuel Filter
- Engine Room light
- Electric Trim Tabs
- Tilting helm pump-driven hydraulic steering
- Rudder-angle indicator
- Hot and Cold pressurized water (110V and engine heated)
- Welded aluminum 150-gallon fuel tank with 2" fill
- Macerator with overboard discharge
- 9000 BTU Air Conditioning with Reverse Cycle Heat
- 2-80W Solar Panels installed on top
- 2 Lifeline 8D Batteries (installed 2019)
- Xantrex Freedom SW 3012 Inverter/Charger
- Additional 2 kW Inverter
- 2 Group-31 AGM House Batteries (installed 2019)
- 1 Group-31 AGM Starter Battery (installed 2019)
- Battery Charger with charge controller dedicated to house/engine batteries
- AC and DC control panel with polarity indicator
- DC system battery management switching
- DC breakers for electronics
- 110V AC 30A shore power
- Galvanic Isolator
- 2-12V DC bilge pumps
- 12V outlet at helm
- Bonding system with zinc anode
- Cockpit courtesy lights
- GFI protected 110V circuits
- Rather than the minimalist anchor and rode, this boat has full 150' of chain and 250' of line, and a one-size-up anchor from that supplied. The original rode is on the secondary anchor.
- Owner is leaving all tools, parts, electrical items, etc.
- In the two life jacket bags, there are quality vests, not cheezy items.
- Note the addition of a bow washdown hose bib.
- S/S Magma cook set.
- All kitchenware stays on boat.
- Good reception on the TV without the antenna being up. It is in the anchor locker, and can be taken out and hung in the bow for greater reception.
- The fitted sheets on the large bunk cushions - much more comfortable than the stubble upholstery.
- There are inflatable life vests for the skipper and mate helm seats.
- Pull down swim ladder to make boarding easier, along with the freshwater hot/cold shower.
- Owner removed 3.8 kw genset as it was too noisy. He added a good inverter. The result is that the inverter runs off its dedicated batteries, doesn't draw from the house and engine batteries, it's batteries get charged by the solar panels, or engine, or shore power. The original puny inverter/charger is still on the boat, but switched off. It was useless as a charger anyway. We installed a heavier charger for the house and engine batteries, which works fine. If that charger dies, the original, small inverter/charger could be switched on.
- My test of they system was that I turned on all the AC loads that I could, including the A/C, one morning, unplugged the boat from shore power and left the boat all day until I was ready to go home that evening. The batteries were still above 50%.
**SELLER WILL OFFER TO PAY HALF THE COST TO TRUCK HER TO NEW ENGLAND**
CALL FOR PRESENT LOCATION
The Back Cove 29 has everything that makes the Downeast lobster boat a work of art. With their traditional spoon bows and gently sloped transoms, they are bound to turn heads at any yacht club! With its comforting cherry wood interior and spacious cockpit, you will feel the elegance of this yacht every time you step on board! Surprisingly, they perform even better than they look! With an extremely fuel-efficient and reliable Yanmar engine, deep-vee hull, and trim tabs, you will have no problem getting on a plane and cruising at 20+ knots! "Robert H" has been beautifully maintained and heavily upgraded by a proud and loving owner. She is a highly demanded Hardtop model with a classic navy blue hull.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.