Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH2- DTE
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 88hp
- Year: 1994
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides, double white boottop, red bottom (2020 bottom stripped and barrier coated)
- White house and deck with beige non-skid deck pattern - molded in.
- Varnished exterior teak trim in excellent condition.
- The Hull is a composite construction of Kevlar/E-glass inner and outer skins, with foam core that is Scrimped with a 100% vinylester resin.
- The Deck is E-glass and balsa core, Scrimped with 100% vinylester resin.
- Molded external lead keel (provides protection in the event of grounding) is secured to the hull with 1" stainless steel bolts.
- The Centerboard is raised and lowered with a low stretch line that leads to a winch in the cockpit.
- Guard rail at sheer is varnished on top and Awlgripped on the bottom and has stainless steel half oval.
- Aft lazarette is custom partitioned to hold stern anchor rode.
- Hinckley stainless steel bow pulpit & stern pulpit with integral chocks.
- Stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines with port and starboard gates.
- 3 Wichard folding padeyes.
- Double dorade box with two 5” cowl vents.
- Cockpit custom instrument pod.
- Polished stainless steel genoa tracks.
Fuel: 60 gallons in one aluminum tank under aft cockpit sole.
Water: 140 gallons in two S/S tanks under settee berths, port and starboard.
Holding tank: 40 gallons under vee berth.
Tank tender gauge (4 position for fuel, 2 water tanks and holding tank).
- Cockpit is T-shaped with locking sail and equipment locker to port and two stainless steel trimmed winch handle pockets lined with Dri-deck located in each coaming.
- Cockpit sole is inlaid teak.
- There is a line rack in the sail locker.
- There is an outboard motor mount stern rail.
- Lazarette hatch is flush.
- A complete range of engine instruments are on the port side handy to the helmsman.
- 2022 Toast-colored Dodger with window covers, wheel cover, mainsail covers, and cockpit awning by Bayview Sails & Rigging.
- Edson pedestal teak wheel steering with stainless steel pedestal guard and folding teak step.
- Ritchie 6" compass in stainless steel binnacle.
- Varnished teak 40" steering wheel.
- Cockpit cushions with custom “stay-put” system.
- Hinckley varnished teak folding cockpit table - pedestal mounted.
- Cockpit speakers (2).
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 1994 Yanmar 4JH2-DTE 88 hp diesel, 4 cylinder, FWC.
- 1742 hours on hour meter.
- Engine serial # 34367.
- Kanzaki KM4-A transmission; 2.63 to 1 reduction gear.
- Cruising speed: 7 knots; Maximum speed: 8 knots @ 3600 RPM.
- Aquamet stainless steel shaft with spurs.
- 2020 PYI refurbished 18" Max prop; 1 1/4" S/S shaft; bronze stuffing box.
- Racor fuel filter; FRP muffler.
- Engine alarm for oil and overheat.
- Engine instrument panel shows RPM tachometer, oil pressure, engine temperature and amp meter.
- Marine Air 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle air conditioning keeps the interior comfortable when needed and runs from shore power only.
- Oil transfer pump.
- 9" Marelon thru-hull fittings.
- Electric 12V DC bilge pump.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Electric sump pump.
- Jabsco 6900 deckwash pump with deck spigot.
- Propane is stored in two 20# aluminum tanks with manual and electric solenoid shut-offs.
- Hot water is provided by a 12-gallon engine or 110 volt heated stainless steel hot water tank.
- Emergency tiller.
- A heavy duty, large capacity 12V/110V electrical system.
- Two 198 amp hour AGM 4D house batteries.
- 2023 105 amp hour AGM Group 31 engine start (1000 CA).
- A Balmar externally regulated, dual output 150-amp alternator (rebuilt 2012) is mounted on the main engine.
- 2023 Mastervolt inverter-charger.
- Bass Products electrical control panel in the nav area has circuit breakers, separate lighting and starting circuits, voltmeter and ammeter.
- All circuits, major mechanical components and rigging are grounded with heavy copper strapping to the keel.
- There are four 110V outlets located throughout.
- 2023 improved battery switching system with automatic charge relay installed.
HERA sleeps seven in her gloss-cherry SW-42 "Dinette" layout with 110 V reverse-cycle air conditioning. The interior main salon is finished in high-gloss varnished cherry with a varnished teak and holly cabin sole. The white overhead has opening hatches in the forward cabin and main salon and there is dome lighting throughout. Several fans and additional bulkhead lighting are located throughout providing plenty of extra light and ventilation.
Forward Stateroom: has a V-berth forward with seat between, storage drawers below and full-length lockers above. A filler piece converts the v-berth to a full width berth. The cushions are finished with Navy Sunbrella fabric. Additional storage is in a cedar-lined full-length hanging locker next aft to starboard. To port is a three-drawer bureau with a small shelf and locker above.
Large forward and aft opening white hatch with screen, two Hella fans and 12-volt lighting to provide plenty of light and excellent ventilation. There is a forward locker door that gives access to the partitioned forepeak chain locker.
A door separates this cabin from the rest of the accommodations and a separate door offers private access to the Head to port. Forward cabin bulkheads are white with gloss varnished cherry trim to brighten up this area.
HEAD: is forward port and finished in white with cherry trim, and it has an Antique White Formica counter top with stainless sink with faucet providing hot & cold pressure water and hand-held shower. An opening portlight and dorade and 12v fan provide ample ventilation and lights on either side of the cherry framed mirror provide good lighting. A manual marine toilet discharges into a holding tank or overboard through a Y-valve. Hinckley stainless steel hand rail/towel rack, outboard lockers with shelves built-in and a 110V outlet are additional amenities in this area.
MAIN SALON: has a U-shaped dining area to port, and to starboard is a pullout transom berth with pilot berth outboard. The Main Salon cushions are covered with Navy Sunbrella fabric. A large, white, double-opening hatch with screen is located over the center of the cabin.
The "Dinette" offers comfortable seating for six around a cherry drop-leaf dining table with custom liquor stowage in the center. The port leaf of the table drops to convert into a full double berth. Storage is available in large custom lockers and a bookshelf outboard, and additional storage areas are behind the dinette seats. There is a 110-volt outlet in the forward dinette box.
Starboard, forward of the transom berth is a cedar-lined hanging locker and a three-drawer bureau with an additional locker outboard. Two custom large storage drawers are below the pilot berth and can also hold charts, etc.
NAVIGATION STATION: Next aft to starboard and separated by a partial bulkhead is the Nav Station which houses nav instruments, chart light, master electrical distribution panel, 110-volt outlet and a 12-volt cigarette type outlet. Storage for charts is located within the nav desk, large bin storage is located in the nav seat, and there are 3 drawers under the desk. The nav seat cushion is finished in Navy Sunbrella fabric.
QUARTERBERTH: area is aft of the nav station, separated by another partial bulkhead that has closed shelving above and hooks for foul weather gear, and a sole drain. Cushions are covered in Navy Sunbrella fabric. This area has an opening port with screen and curtain. It is finished with white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry trim.
GALLEY: U-shaped is opposite the nav area to port, with an Antique White Formica countertop with backsplash:
- Gimballed Force-10 stainless steel 3-burner stove with oven and broiler, manual & electric solenoid shut-off switch.
- Custom stove cover rests flush with countertop and stores on door below sink.
- Separate cold box refrigerator and freezer with Grunert AR-50 refrigeration, engine driven or 110V.
- Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water and freshwater hand pump.
- Hinckley cutting board to fit sink.
- Hinckley glass rack.
- Hinckley paper towel rack.
- Hinckley knife rack.
- 110V outlet.
- Hinckley glasses (6) and Hinckley mugs (6).
- There are storage lockers with louvered doors aft and outboard, and there is dry storage below the countertop.
- Centerline Aft Companionway up to the cockpit has two additional teak handrails port and starboard of the companionway.
- There is a custom binocular/flashlight box mounted next to it.
- 2022 Brookes & Gatehouse Hydra 5000 autopilot with remote, Zeus 12" chartplotter-map, depthsounder and speed, AWI, compass, and B&G Zeus 359 multi-function sailing display.
- Halo 20+ Radar.
- ICOM M700 SSB radio (not operational, sold AS IS).
- B&G VHF radio with AIS and wireless remote handheld VHF.
- USB chargers installed at helm and Nav station.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Hinckley built aluminum mast and boom with double spreaders of tapered aluminum painted to match deck (repainted 2022) - both were blasted, Awlgripped 545 epoxy primer and Awlgripped white.
- Navtec rod standing rigging with Navtec S/S turnbuckles.
- 2021 all new running rigging by NE Ropes Endura Euro Braid (polyester cover with dyneema core).
- 2020 Harken II roller furler.
- Harken Mainsail track with batt-cars.
- Removable Inner forestay.
- Insulated backstay.
- Harken stainless steel blocks.
- Lazy jacks on main.
- 2023 Harken hydraulic boom vang with Harken multi-function panel for a future hydraulic backstay adjuster if desired.
- Wire/rope main and jib halyards.
- Spinnaker halyard.
- Boom is rigged for jiffy reefing.
- International nav lights and a foredeck light.
- (4) Locking winch handles.
WINCHES: (All Lewmar self-tailing)
- #56 CST Primaries (2)
- #50 CST Secondaries winches
- #44 CST Main Sheet winch
- #44 CST Main Halyard winch
- #44 CST Jib Halyard winch
- #30 CST Reefing winch
- Spinnaker halyard winch
- Locking winch handles
- 2015 Mainsail – Quantum, full-batten.
- 2008 Genoa.
- 2021 North 110% jib.
- Simpson Lawrence Anchorman windlass with chain wildcat.
- CQR 45# anchor mounted on stainless steel bow roller.
- Fortress #23 anchor with stern anchor roller and stern pulpit vertical storage mount.
- 200 ft. X 5/16” HT galvanized chain.
- 200 ft x ½” twisted nylon anchor rode for stern anchor in dedicated compartment with deck access.
- Stern roller for aft anchor roller.
- Saltwater deckwash.
- Freshwater deckwash.
- Mounted teak outboard motor bracket on stern pulpit with stainless steel chafe plate.
- Varnished teak ensign staff with flush mount.
- Screens for opening hatches and ports.
- Masthead mounted 5-function light.
- Radar reflector.
- Horseshoe Liferings (2) with Hinckley stainless steel brackets.
- 2020 Life jackets and flares.
- 2020 Fire Extinguishers.
- Force 10 propane “Sea Kettle grill/smoker with rail mount and tote bag.
- Lee cloths for dinette, starboard transom and aft quarter berths.
- Custom winch, wheel and brightwork covers including handrails, hatches, toe rails and coaming cap.
- 2020 9'6" North Atlantic Hypalon inflatable dinghy with inflatable floor.
- 2021 Yamaha 6 hp 4 stroke outboard with 15" shaft.
COMMENTS: HERA is an outstanding example of a 1994 42 Hinckley Sou'wester K/CB Mark I Sloop. She has benefited from diligent and caring ownership. Since 2020, her present owners have bought new Dodger and Bimini, sail and wheel covers, stripped and epoxied her bottom, added a new Harken Roller Furler, and new North 110% jib, installed new B&G electronics, added and rewired new AGM batteries and an inverter-charger, and added a Harken hydraulic boom vang. In addition to this extensive list, they have had their top boatyard, Derecktor Robinhood Marina, also keep her exterior brightwork in first class condition. Anyone interested in owning a handsome Hinckley 42 "Classic", will not be disappointed in HERA. Thank you for your interest. We shall be pleased to get you aboard.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.