Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH3E
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 56hp
- Year: 2001
- Engine Hours: 4,481
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- White hull, original gelcoat, blue boottop and sheer stripe, blue bottom.
- Modified full keel with cutaway forward and skeg-hung rudder for better sailing performance.
- Double-ended canoe stern transom.
- Original white fiberglass decks (many of these came with teak decks, so this is a sought after improvement - never had teak).
- Solid fiberglass hull with no coring.
- Teak laid and caulked teak cockpit and trim (in excellent condition).
- S/S double stern and bow rails; vinyl-covered double lifelines with nylon netting with 32" tall lifelines and stanchions.
- Pedestal wheel steering with S/S wheel.
- Dark blue Sunbrella Dodger and Bimini with connector piece.
- 13 Hood S/S portlights with screens and shades.
- Aluminum davits for dinghy and rigid solar panel.
- Teak and S/S boom gallows.
- S/S folding swim ladder aft.
- 5 aluminum Bomar hatches with screens - 2 new hatch lens in 2019.
- 5 Dorades with teak dorade boxes.
- S/S guard rails at mast.
- All thru hulls and seacocks are Groco bronze.
Fuel: 100 gallons in 2 aluminum tanks, new 2017.
Water: 100 gallons in 2-50 gallon tanks, new 2018.
Holding: 35 gallons in fiberglass tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 2001 Yanmar 4JH3E, 56 hp diesel, 4 cylinder, naturally-aspirated, FWC; Serial # E22549.
- 4481 hours as seen on the hour meter as of 6/23.
- This is not a Turbo-charged, engine for longer longevity.
- Yanmar instrument panel at forward end of cockpit.
- Binnacle-mounted throttle and gear shift controls.
- Kanzaki KM3P4 transmission - transmission dipstick replaced.
- 1 1/4" shaft with pillow bearing support to a bronze stuffing box.
- New 18" x 11" RH 3 blade bronze prop.
- Dual Racor 500 MA fuel filters mounted on Filter Boss Commander external fuel pump to make it easier to switch filters or polish fuels.
- West Marine 12V oil change pump.
- Perko bronze saltwater strainer.
- At 5-6 knots, fuel burn approximately 1.5 gph @ 3100-3400 RPM.
- Engine oil pressure gauge runs high - 80 instead of 40-50.
- Installed fuel gauge for fuel tanks.
- In Fall 2022, all oil and filters changed.
- Cruising speed: 5.5 - 6 knots @ 3300 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 6.5 knots @ 3650 - 3800 RPM.
- 2018 8 - 6V AGM house batteries (900 amp hours) under quarter berth.
- 2019 Deka 1-12V engine start battery with combiner switch.
- 2000w Kisae inverter charger for TV, microwave, etc (located aft of companionway stairs).
- 6 gallon Hot water heater - 110V off engine.
- 2019 Balmar alternator, 165 amp, with regulator.
- 2022 435w solar panel on davits with 2019 Morningstar MPP4-25 controller.
- 110V & 12V DC circuit beaker panels.
- 2019 three 110w Sun Power flexible solar panels on Dodger and bimini, each controller (on sunny days, house batteries only need charging every other day).
- Xantrex meter shows house battery voltage and amp hours used.
- Balmar Smart gauge state of charge meter shows house and start battery voltage.
- Two 50' 30 amp shore power cable with 50 amp adapter.
- All cabin lighting are LED.
- All nav lights are LED (anchor light not working - sold AS IS - pigtail for anchor light is on boat).
- LPG detector not working - sold AS IS.
- Yamaha gas generator (1600w) with 30 amp outlet can be conveyed at additional cost - currently in storage.
- Several USB ports for charging phones, etc.
- 2022 Marinebeam wind generator - very quiet - in storage.
- For six in two cabins, one spacious head and a main salon that sleeps two.
- Starting forward, the cabin has great enclosed storage lockers outboard, above the vee berth on both sides.
- In addition, there is a hanging locker and drawers to port as you enter the cabin.
- All the way forward in the forepeak, there is access to the anchor locker with split chain and rode storage compartments.
- The head, with separate stall shower, is forward of the salon to starboard. The shower is large and has smooth white surfaces, that are easy to clean. Also, sit-down bench and 10' long flexible shower hose with hot/cold mixing faucet.
- Raritan manual head drains into 35 gallon holding tank that can be emptied via Jabsco macerator pump, or pumped out through deck fitting. New
pump for head.
- Opposite the head to port is another large hanging locker.
- The main salon has a fixed table.
- There is an L-shaped settee to starboard (with optional insert to turn this into a double), and two swivel chairs with teak table to port.
- Outboard of the dinette are abundant storage and bookshelves.
- The nav station is aft of the port settee with full electronics and A/C - D/C electric panel controls.
- The double quarter berth cabin is to port behind the nav station with a full hanging locker and storage.
- The large galley is to starboard and open, with comfortable working spaces and numerous lockers.
- Large U-shaped galley to starboard with separated counters fore and aft so two people can work; 4 long narrow drawers beside stove; 4 more drawers beside sink for utensils and cutlery.
- Additional counter space available on slide-up teak stove cover.
- Force 10 3-burner gimballed propane stove and over with both baking and broiling elements.
- New fiberglass propane tank (room for 2) in vented fuel locker provide about 2 months of cooking each, and also supply the BBQ through its own separate valve.
- Microwave oven is easily removed if desired; original shelf and louvered sliding door can be reinstalled.
- Separate refrigerator with top-opening lid and front opening door, freezer with top-opening lid, both 6.5 cubic feet.
- Two separate DC powered Frigibot refrigeration systems for fridge and freezer with digital thermostats and choice of water or air cooling (2016); water cooling is more energy efficient, air cooling is useful in boatyard or when cleaning raw water strainer. 2022 lines vacuumed and dried, new refrigerant installed and new controller for fridge.
- Hot and cold water supplied through main faucet, supplied by on-demand water pump from two S/S water tanks below cabin sole totaling 100 gallons fresh water.
- 6 gallon Seaward F-700 hot water heater by engine coolant or shore power.
- Backup foot pump with separate spout provides alternate way to obtain fresh water from tanks.
Nav Desk and Main Cabin:
- Standard Horizon Matrix AIS GX2100 VHF radio with AIS receiver, DSC support with SOS call button and remote mic / controller at helm.
- Wifi connection to Garmin chartplotter at helm allows smartphone or tablet Garmin Helm app at nav desk (or anywhere on the boat) to see exactly what is being displayed on the chartplotter, including its instrument readouts, and to interact with it to see other chartplotter/instrument readout screens.
- Raymarine S100 wireless autopilot remote control allows autopilot to be steered from nav desk or anywhere on the boat.
- Garmin GMI10 remote display shows true and apparent wind, depth, GPS position, speed over bottom, and course.
- Water-wheel transducer in lazarette shows speed through the water.
In-hull Airmar P79 depth/sonar 200kHz transducer port side aft of V-berth.
- Garmin GX51 satellite receiver for Sirius satellite radio and weather information feed to Garmin chartplotter.
- Samsung 21” flat screen TV with HDMI input, powered digital antenna.
- Sony MEX-N4100BT Bluetooth stereo - speakers in cockpit - unsure why they don't work.
- 2022 Garmin HD Radar connected through NMEA 2000 to chartplotter.
- 2022 AIS - send and receiver.
- Raymarine ACU400 hydraulic autopilot, connected directly to rudder shaft.
- 2016 ACR EPIRB with GPS.
- 2022 West Marine VHF handheld.
- 2017 Garmin 942xs 9” chartplotter with full touch user interface, Wifi connection to Garmin Helm app on smartphone or tablet, sonar/fish finder and full instrument display showing depth, water speed, speed over ground, course over ground, GPS position, true and apparent wind speed and direction.
- Includes chart chips for North America, Bahamas and Caribbean Sea.
- Standard Horizon VHF radio remote mic / controller with display.
- Ritchie compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Mast height: 63' to top of antenna.
- Cutter rig with mainsail, staysail, and 120% genoa.
- High cut Yankee storm trysail and storm staysail - own track & mast.
- 2015 S/S rigging including chainplates.
- 2019 forestay and backstay.
- Isomat anodized aluminum mast deck-stepped, two sets of spreaders and 13 stays; 3 Garhauer halyard clutches on mast.
- Manual boom vang; Fico-Ronstan main traveler forward of Dodger.
- Whisker pole on forward end of mast.
- Mack Sails - main and genoa - main has 3 battens.
- Harken Roller Furler.
- Dyneema main halyard.
- Mack Pack Sunbrella main cover with lazy jacks.
- Neil Pryde staysail is hanked on and loose footed.
- 8 S.T. Barient winches.
- 7 rope clutches under Dodger.
- Winslow 6 person Super Light Offshore Plus Life Raft, need certification - SOLD AS IS.
- SOS Marine self-inflating Dan Buoy MOB flag - may need replacing.
- Emergency steel tiller post.
- EchoMax radar reflector.
- Life jackets.
- Plastimo drop down safety ladder at lifeline gate - in storage.
- 3 Fire extinguishers.
- Xintex gas sniffer and alarm.
- C02 detector.
- 2 Rule bilge pumps, 2000 gph, 3700 gph; also, Whale Gusher manual bilge pump.
- Shower sump pump.
- Saltwater deck wash pump with outlets in cockpit and port bow (cockpit not hooked up).
- Closed cell cockpit cushions and custom helm seat with cushion.
- 2019 Lewmar #3 horizontal windlass - mounted in bow locker - with foot switches or switches at helm.
- Dual bow rollers to house 73 lb Rocna with 200' 5/8" galvanized chain, new 2019
- Secondary anchor is 35 lb Danforth with 30' chain and 175' 5/8" rode.
- 2022 10'6" HIghfield PVC aluminum-floored roll-up dinghy with two oars and bench seat.
- 2017 Mercury 9.9 hp 4 stroke, 2 cylinder outboard.
- Quickstep (hanging step) for easy boarding at side gate - in storage.
- 2022 Six Sorollo II fans installed.
- 6 Caframo Sirocco 2 fans in the cabins and dining area.
COMMENTS: This aft cockpit Tayana 42 Cutter features fiberglass decks and therefore, she is known as one of the popular offshore cutters of this size. Designer Robert Harris has incorporated into this solid double ender both seaworthiness and a spacious varnished teak interior layout for comfortable long range cruising. CELEBRATION II's present owners have sailed her from Florida to Maine and now have to return to their home in California. Please read all the highlights of this well-equipped vessel and thank you for your interest. We shall be pleased to get you aboard.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.