Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Cummins
- Model: 6BT5.9
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 210hp
- Make: Cummins
- Model: 6BT5.9
- Engine Power: 210hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL AND DECK:
- White fiberglass hull, original gelcoat in good condition, navy blue boottop, blue bottom.
- 2017 New England Bow Thruster with controls at both helms including a remote control
- Laid and caulked teak decks in very good condition for her age.
- 2017 Teak exterior trim in fine condition, was wooded and revarnished (except for flybridge handrail).
- White aluminum mast and boom; mast is hinged to fold down.
- 2017 new wider teak swim platform and swim ladder.
- New zincs and antifouling bottom annually since 2017.
- Bottom was barrier-coated in 1999.
- Teak bulwark cap rails.
- Stainless steel rails, stanchions, bow pulpit and grab rails.
- Bronze capped rubrails, spray rails and bulwark cap rails forward.
- 8 bronze line chocks.
- Dinghy chocks on aft cabin top.
- Fiberglass deck storage box at bow.
- Freshwater spigot at deck aft.
- Saltwater wash-down at bow.
- Boat Leveler hydraulic trim tabs with controls at upper and lower helm.
- 2017 Textilene salon window covers.
Fuel: 600 gallons in two mild steel tanks
Water: 288 gallons in three S/S tanks.
Holding: 30 gallon fiberglass tank with 12V macerator pump; heads fitted with y-valves.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Twin Cummins 210 hp diesels, model 6BT5.9, 6 cylinder, FWC, with approximately 4500 hours.
- Twin-disc model MG 506-1 transmissions.
- Racor 900FG primary fuel filter for each main engines and Racor series 200 filter for diesel generator.
- Groco lube oil change pump.
- Freshwater pump with accumulator and inlet filter.
- Morse engine controls.
- Spur cutters on 2" S/S shafts; 3 bladed bronze props.
- Cruising speed: 9 knots @ 1900 RPM.
- 8 kw Westerbeke diesel generator with water lift muffler (hours unknown).
- Genset primary remote panel at lower helm with secondary remote panel in aft cabin.
- Generator mounted in sound-shield enclosure (new insulation 2012).
- Air conditioning: 3 independent zones, with Marine Air reverse-cycle heat/AC units: Aft: Model V12KH; Salon: Model V16KH; Forward: Model CM6H.
- Two engine alternators: 2 x 90 A Lestek.
- MDC Sentry 110V battery charger.
- 2017 batteries: 3- 8D AGM cell batteries and 1 genset starting battery.
- 3 battery voltage panel at lower helm.
- 50 amp shore power connections at bow and stern.
- 2017 inverter: with new electric panel for inverter and battery monitors.
- 2012 Hot water: Raritan 12 gallon, with engine heat and 110v.
- CO2 alarm in aft cabin.
- All cabins have teak parquet soles and varnished Burmese teak interior joinerwork.
- The main salon upholstery was renewed with attractive Navy blue material in 2019.
- Forward cabin with new vee berth cushions and bedding and curtains, and large hanging locker.
- Forward head with 2017 electric W.C. drive head and shower with drain pump.
- Main cabin with salon, galley and lower helm station to starboard with side doors port and starboard. Port side credenza aft with TV and electrical/antenna connections and a 110V freezer under counter.
- Bar cabinet fitted aft of lower helm seat.
- All new 2019 salon chair upholstery and two stools in main cabin, new L-shaped settee cushions and curtains, drop leaf dining table with drawers.
- Aft cabin with walk-around queen berth with new custom mattress, bedding and curtains, and large hanging locker, with aft companionway door with sliding hatch to deck, and hinged ladder and teak framed screens. New 2018 beige paint in aft cabin.
- Aft head port side with 2011 Raritan electric flush W.C.
- Separate aft shower room to starboard with sump pump.
- Flybridge with forward bench seats and L-shaped settee with varnished teak grating table; with all new cushions (beige with navy blue piping).
- Upper helm wheel with stainless rim.
- Extended flybridge canvas, navy blue bimini.
- Stainless steel hinged swim ladder off teak swim platform.
- Princess 3-burner electric stove with oven.
- Stainless steel sink with cutting boards.
- Galley vent with fan.
- Pull out countertop extension.
- Hinged waste bin.
- Tundra refrigerator (12V/110V).
- Subzero freezer model 249FF (110V).
- Filtered water at sink with in-line primary filter and secondary “Purest One” filter (2014).
- Morse throttles and shifters.
- Glendinning synchronizer.
- Lenco trim tabs.
- Tachometers, oil-pressure, water-temp, transmission oil temp and ammeters at upper and lower helm stations.
LOWER HELM ELECTRONICS:
- Danforth Express compass.
- Differential GPS charter plotter: Furuno GP-1650DF color.
- GPS/Chartplotter/Radar: Garmin Map 741XS (new 2015).
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST6001+ with remote, Octopus electro-hydraulic actuator.
- Depth: Autohelm.
- Wind: Raymarine ST40.
- New 2016 VHF.
- Speed log: Datamarine LX50.
- 2018 new stereo system and speakers throughout, including flybridge controls.
UPPER HELM ELECTRONICS:
- Danforth Constellation compass
- GPS chart plotter: 2008 Raymarine E-80 Radar-GPS (with Seatalk2 interface for autopilot, depth, wind and AIS display).
- New 2016 wireless handheld Raymarine S100 autopilot.
- Depth: Autohelm. 2020 replaced unit with used ST60 display.
- Speed log: Datamarine LX50. 2020 replaced transducer cable.
- VHF: Standard-Horizon Matrix GX2150 with AIS receiver (new 2013) - inputs AIS to E-80 plotter and to lower helm Garmin plotter with DSC and GPS interconnection-hailer function with bow talkback-automatic fog-signal functions.
- Shakespeare TV antenna.
- Smoke detectors aft and forward cabins.
- Electric bilge pumps with level switch in engine room and aft bilge.
- Whale manual bilge pump (new 2014).
- Holding tank: 30 gallons fiberglass below generator with macerator pump discharge overboard and deck suction discharge fitting; heads fitted with Y-valves.
- Searchlight (stainless steel).
- Lofrans Tiger windlass with controls at bow, upper helm and lower helm- removed and rebuilt in 2017.
- 45 lb CQR anchor with new 300’ chain.
- 25 lb CQR with 175' line.
- Spare Danforth 20 lb anchor on forward cabin trunk.
- Brass fog bell.
- Air horn.
- Single speed wipers for three bow windows.
- Navigation lights, spreader lights, LED anchor light.
- Chelsea Boston brass quartz clock.
- Chelsea Boston brass barometer.
- Screens for cabin and head windows.
- Omni-directional TV antenna (on mast).
- Canvas cover for aft companionway, full flybridge cover, settee and table covers. Extended length bimini top.
- All canvas Sunbrella, navy blue (new 2012).
- Portable fire extinguishers fitted at aft cabin, forward cabin, main salon and engine room.
- 4 fenders and docklines.
- Oriental runner in salon.
- Fairclough winter storage full cover with frame, suitable for use on land and afloat.
- Spare parts include one alternator, two spare 4 bladed propellers, spare macerator pump.
- 6 Adult PFD’s.
- Excluded: all personal property, tools and dinghy/outboard.
OTHER RECENT EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENTS/UPGRADES:
- All new brass cabin lights - Frigast Danish high quality reading lights.
- deck seawater washdown pump.
- Fresh water pressure pump.
- Macerator pump.
- Groco screw-to-flange type engine inlet strainers.
- 2020 replaced raw water pump on starboard engine.
- 2020 new generator raw water hose and pump.
- 2020 new wiper blades.
- 2020 cleaned and flushed fresh water tanks.
- 2020 replaced y-valve on forward head.
- 2020 replaced genset belt.
- 2020 touched up engines with Cummins paint.
- 2020 serviced stuffing boxes.
- 2020 replaced engine zincs, impellers, fuel filters.
COMMENTS: LAN MARA is one of the popular 42' Grand Banks Classic Double Cabin Trawlers. These vessels remain the standard by which other trawlers are judged. LAN MARA has been owned by her present owner since 2017. He undertook a two year major refit, upgrading all canvas, mattresses, upholstery, and soft goods. He installed a new bow thruster, upgraded the batteries, and installed an inverter-charger, new stereo, new wider teak swim platform, new electric head, refinished all the exterior teak and much more. He has maintained her twin Cummins 210 hp diesels and her engine room to very high standards. These engines are known for their reliability. Please come and inspect this immaculate Grand Banks 42. You will not be disappointed and thank you for your interest. If you are looking for a Classic Trawler at an exceptional value in first class condition, this is the one. Please call for your inspection. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 46 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450