Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Cummins
- Model: 6BT5.9
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 210hp
- Make: Cummins
- Model: 6BT5.9
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 210hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
UPDATES & ADDITIONS: 2018-2023:
STARTING FROM BOW:
- Side Power Bow thruster with remote controls - main salon/flybridge.
- Windlass refurbished 2020.
- New windshield wipers and switch solenoids 2021.
- Aft shore power connection (starboard side), new breaker 2021.
- Custom exterior nighttime courtesy lights, portside walkway and entire flybridge 2020.
- All new flybridge cushions and covers 2018.
- New custom teak swim platform 8" wider than original specs 2018.
- Fresh water tanks - confirmed and sound with no leaks 2021 - cleaned and cycled with fresh water 2021.
- All new interior cushions and fabric including Captain's seat, chairs and stools 2018.
- New vee berth mattress and bedding 2018.
- New master bedroom mattress and bedding 2018.
- All new curtains throughout interior 2018.
- New electric touch panel head in vee berth 2018.
- New fusion stereo system with amplifiers with speakers in main salon 2018.
- TV with DVR added 2020.
- Dehumidifier added 2019 - See cabinet to right of Thermidor freezer (freezer via generator).
- Microwave added 2021 above dehumidifier.
- Heating and air conditioning system cleaned/serviced 2021.
- Meticulously maintained and serviced.
- 2021 Custom S/S exhaust elbows and risers; new air filter system.
- Generator refurbished 2021.
HULL AND DECK:
- Hull# 1002
- White fiberglass hull, original gelcoat in good condition, navy blue boottop, blue bottom.
- 2017 New England Bow Thruster with controls at both helms including a remote control.
- Laid and caulked teak decks in very good condition for her age.
- White aluminum mast and boom; mast is hinged to fold down.
- New wider teak swim platform and swim ladder.
- Bottom was barrier-coated in 1999.
- Teak bulwark cap rails - needs refinishing.
- Stainless steel rails, stanchions, bow pulpit and grab rails.
- Bronze capped rubrails, spray rails and bulwark cap rails forward.
- 8 bronze line chocks.
- Dinghy chocks on aft cabin top.
- Fiberglass deck storage box at bow.
- Freshwater spigot at deck aft.
- Saltwater wash-down at bow.
- Boat Leveler hydraulic trim tabs with controls at upper and lower helm.
- 2017 Textilene salon window covers.
- 2023 bottom painted with antifouling.
Fuel: 600 gallons in two mild steel tanks
Water: 180 gallons in three S/S tanks.
Holding: 30 gallon fiberglass tank with 12V macerator pump; heads fitted with y-valves.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Twin Cummins 210 hp diesels, model 6BT5.9, 6 cylinder, FWC, with approximately 4500 hours.
- Cruising speed: 8-10 knots @ 1600-2000 RPM @ 1-1.5 gph per engine.
- Twin-disc model MG 506-1 transmissions.
- Racor 900FG primary fuel filter for each main engines and Racor series 200 filter for diesel generator.
- Groco lube oil change pump.
- Engine synchronisers.
- Sep air filter system for both engines.
- Morse engine controls.
- Spur cutters on 2" S/S shafts; 3 bladed bronze props.
- 8 kw Westerbeke diesel generator with water lift muffler (2014 hours).
- Genset primary remote panel at lower helm with secondary remote panel in aft cabin.
- Generator mounted in sound-shield enclosure.
- Air conditioning: 3 independent zones, with Marine Air reverse-cycle heat/AC units: Aft: Model V12KH; Salon: Model V16KH; Forward: Model CM6H.
- Two engine alternators: 2 x 90 A Lestek.
- Sport 20 Pro Mariner 110V battery charger.
- 2023 batteries: 2- 8D AGM house batteries; ((6-8D's (2-8D port, 2-8D starboard, 2-8D house).
- Victron 70 battery monitor.
- 50 amp shore power connections at bow and stern.
- 2017 Xantrex 1800 inverter: with electric panel for inverter and battery monitors.
- Hot water: Raritan 12 gallon, with engine heat and 110V; new element in 2023.
- C02 alarm in aft cabin.
- LED spreader lights.
- 3 USB ports - up and 2 down.
- 2022/2023 replaced upper and lower steering cables ($900).
- Glendinning synchronizer.
- Lenco trim tabs.
- Tachometers, oil-pressure, water-temp, ammeters at upper and lower helm stations.
- All cabins have teak parquet soles and varnished Burmese teak interior joinerwork.
- The main salon upholstery was renewed with attractive Navy blue material in 2019.
- Forward cabin with vee berth cushions and bedding and curtains, and large hanging locker.
- Forward head with 2017 electric W.C. drive head and shower with drain pump.
- Main cabin with salon, galley and lower helm station to starboard with side doors port and starboard. Port side credenza aft with TV and electrical/antenna connections and a 110V freezer under counter.
- Bar cabinet fitted aft of lower helm seat.
- All 2019 salon chair upholstery and two stools in main cabin, L-shaped settee cushions and curtains, drop leaf dining table with drawers.
- Aft cabin with walk-around queen berth with custom mattress, bedding and curtains, and large hanging locker, with aft companionway door with sliding hatch to deck, and hinged ladder and teak framed screens. 2018 beige paint in aft cabin.
- Separate aft shower room to starboard with new Whale sump pump.
- 2023 Installed Raritan Sea Fresh (via switch between salt and fresh) - aft head system ($900).
- Flybridge with forward bench seats and L-shaped settee with varnished teak grating table; with all new cushions (beige with navy blue piping).
- 2022/2023 Navy Blue flybridge enclosure ($10,000).
- Upper helm wheel with stainless rim.
- Stainless steel hinged swim ladder off teak swim platform.
- Flybridge navy blue wind screens around railings.
- Princess 3-burner electric stove with oven.
- Stainless steel sink with cutting boards.
- Galley vent with fan.
- Pull out countertop extension.
- Hinged waste bin.
- Tundra refrigerator (12V/110V).
- Subzero freezer model 249FF (110V).
- Filtered water at sink with in-line primary filter and secondary “Pure One” filter.
- Danforth Express compass.
- GPS/Chartplotter/Radar: Garmin Map 741XS (new 2015).
- Furuno GP165 (GPS- old).
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST6001+ with remote, Octopus electro-hydraulic actuator.
- Depth: Raymarine ST50 depthsounder.
- Wind: Raymarine ST40.
- New 2016 Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF.
- Speed log: Datamarine LX50.
- 2018 new Fusion stereo system and speakers throughout, including flybridge controls.
- Danforth Constellation compass
- Garmin 943 XVS Chart plotter installed 2021 ($1500).
- New 2016 wireless handheld Raymarine S100 autopilot.
- Depth: Autohelm. 2020 replaced unit with used ST60 display.
- Speed log: Datamarine LX50. 2020 replaced transducer cable.
- VHF: Standard-Horizon Matrix GX2150 with AIS receiver (new 2013) - inputs AIS to plotter and to lower helm Garmin plotter with DSC and GPS interconnection-hailer function with bow talkback-automatic fog-signal functions.
- Smoke detectors aft and forward cabins.
- 2 electric bilge pumps with level switch in engine room and aft bilge.
- Whale manual bilge pump.
- Holding tank: 30 gallons fiberglass below generator with macerator pump discharge overboard and deck suction discharge fitting; heads fitted with Y-valves.
- Searchlight (stainless steel).
- Lofrans Tiger windlass with controls at bow, upper helm and lower helm- removed and rebuilt in 2017.
- 45 lb Claw anchor with 175' 3/8" chain and bridle.
- 25 lb CQR with 175' line.
- Spare Danforth 20 lb anchor on forward cabin trunk nd 150' rode.
- Brass fog bell.
- Air horn.
- Single wiper bladed for 3 bow windows, replaced 2023.
- Navigation lights, spreader lights, LED anchor light.
- Chelsea Boston brass quartz clock.
- Chelsea Boston brass barometer.
- Screens for cabin and head windows.
- Canvas cover for aft companionway, full flybridge cover, settee and table covers. Extended length bimini top.
- Magma grill.
- Portable fire extinguishers fitted at aft cabin, forward cabin, main salon and engine room.
- 4 fenders and docklines.
- Oriental runner in salon.
- Spare parts include two 4 bladed propellers.
- 6 Adult PFD’s.
- Excluded: all personal property, tools and dinghy/outboard.
OTHER RECENT EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENTS/UPGRADES:
- All new brass cabin lights - Frigast Danish high quality reading lights; 2022 all interior lights replaced with LED's.
- Deck seawater washdown pump.
- Fresh water pressure pump.
- Macerator pump.
- Groco screw-to-flange type engine inlet strainers.
- 2020 replaced raw water pump on starboard engine.
- 2020 new generator raw water hose and pump.
- 2023 new wiper blades.
- 2020 cleaned and flushed fresh water tanks.
- 2020 replaced y-valve on forward head.
- 2020 replaced genset belt.
- 2020 touched up engines with Cummins paint.
- 2020 serviced stuffing boxes.
- 2020 replaced engine zincs, impellers, fuel filters.
- 2022 replaced all tubing between hot water heater, fresh water pump, accumulator tank and hot water tank bypass.
- 2022/2023 replaced aft shower pump (Whale).
COMMENTS: LAN MARA is one of the popular 42' Grand Banks Classic Double Cabin Trawlers. These vessels remain the standard by which other trawlers are judged. LAN MARA has been owned by her present owners since 2021. They have maintained her twin Cummins 210 hp diesels and her engine room to very high standards. These engines are known for their reliability. Please come and inspect this immaculate Grand Banks 42. You will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a Classic Trawler at an exceptional value in first class condition, this is the one. Please call for your inspection. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 48 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450