Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH4TE
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 75hp
- Year: 2008
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
- 2023 Four lead acid house batteries and one start battery.
- June 2023 new Mastervolt 3000w inverter ($3,000).
- 2023 Victron battery management system ($7,000).
- 2023 PSS dripless shaft seal.
- 2023 air conditioning thru-hull installed.
- 2021 Phasor 3.5kw generator installed ($22,000).
- 2023 Garmin wind instrument and wiring.
HULL & DECK:
- Hand laid up fiberglass hull; fiberglass with Airex-cored decks.
- Hull configuration is moderate fin keel with large skeg-hung rudder.
- Builder: Jack Kelly & Queen Long Marine, Taiwan (same builders as Stevens & Hylas Yachts).
- Hull, mast and booms Awlgripped white.
- Blue boottop and cove stripe.
- Bottom was peeled and refiberglassed by owner who owned her from 2001 to 2021 (that owner did over $300,000 refit); He regelcoated all smooth areas of the deck; removed all hardware, epoxied all deck holes, upsized and upgraded all deck hardware, replaced with oversized backing plates; He replaced all original chainplates in 2004 and all thru hulls.
- 2016 Custom teak cockpit sole.
- 2018 new custom aluminum mast deck collar.
- 2019 Sunbrella cockpit cushions.
- 2012 rebuilt Lewmar vertical capstan 12V windlass - with dual foot switches.
- All nav lights changed to LED lights.
- 2018 all new mast wiring.
- 2016-218 new running rigging and halyards - oversized.
- 2018 new Toast Sunbrella Dodger, Bimini, complete cockpit enclosure with roll-up sunshade and screens.
- 2018 separate toast awning for entire foredeck area.
- Double S/S anchor roller assembly rebuilt and refitted to bow.
- Tricolor strobe installed at masthead.
- 2019 cockpit cushions.
- Edson pedestal wheel steering with Lewmar folding S/S wheel - chain and cable type.
- Teak caprails.
- S/S bow and stern rails; S/S transom swim ladder.
- S/S stanchions with double lifelines and gates.
- Edson white aluminum dinghy davits.
- 4 hinged aluminum hatches and 2 sliding hatches.
- 17 bronze portlights with screens, upgraded with tempered glass, 2018.
- S/S mast portlights.
- Teak cockpit grates.
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- Teak cockpit table.
Fuel: 150 gallons.
Water: 200 gallons in four 50 gallon S/S tanks.
Holding: 60 gallons in two tanks.
Hot water: 9 gallon S/S Allcraft tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 2008 Yanmar 4JH 4TE, 75 hp turbo-charged diesel, FWC (serial # E10890).
- Engine hours: reportedly over 2000 hours (hard to read meter).
- Cruising speed: 6.5 - 7 knots.
- Maximum speed: 7.5 - 8 knots @ 3200 RPM.
- ZF transmission 2.69:1 reduction gear (Model: ZF30M; Serial# 18604).
- S/S waterlift muffler.
- 1 1/4" S/S shaft; PSS dripless shaft seal.
- 4 blade bronze Vari prop feathering prop.
- Bronze thru hulls.
- Dual Racor 500 filters.
- Engine room lined in aluminum check plate.
- 2023 four new lead acid house batteries.
- One 110 amp Balmar alternator and one 2023 70 amp alternator.
- 12V DC & 110V AC electrical systems.
- Blue Seas battery switch for engine and another Blue Seas battery switch for generator.
- Two rotary battery switches on main panel.
- 2-30 amp 120V shore power inlets and two shore cords.
- 2022 Phasor K3 3.5 kw generator with 21 hours in insulated cabinet in walk-through to aft cabin.
- 16,000 BTU Marine Air air conditioning with reverse cycle heat.
- Pro Safe FS60 (60 amp) Galvanic Isolator.
- 2023 Mastervolt 3000w inverter.
- 2023 Victron battery management system.
- Custom service panel in cockpit for nav, spreader lights and windlass control (nav lights are all LED).
- For six in a very attractive interior.
- Interior joinery of varnished teak has been upgraded and is well above average.
- Superb ventilation is provided by numerous opening portlights, hatches, 12V fans and dorade ventilators.
- Starting at forward cabin there is a vee berth with filler forward by lockers to port, and outboard lockers.
- Aft to starboard is an enclosed head with Jabsco electric W.C. with y-valve, S/S sink and shower.
- Next aft is the passageway to main salon, which provides excellent access to engine to port, and generator to starboard, with more lockers and drawers.
- Next to starboard is a large nav area with swivel teak seat.
- To port is a very spacious U-shaped galley. This area would please any serious cook.
- Galley includes double S/S sinks, a Force 10 3 burner LPG stove and oven, top loading freezer and refrigerator, 12V Frigoboat with keel-cooled compressor, and a 120V Panasonic microwave.
- There are a numerous lockers and drawers including a storage closet/workshop tucked aft of the stove.
- The main salon consists of a C-shaped settee and dinette with drop leaf table, bookshelves and lockers outboard.
- To port is a straight settee with drawers under and lockers above.
- Main salon berth cushions are off-white Ultra leather.
- The owner's stateroom is all the way aft with a "queen-king" sized berth, with numerous lockers and drawers, and an ensuite head with separate shower area and S/S sink. The head is a 12V Raritan Elygance W.C., with y-valve (no macerator).
- There are deck fittings to empty both holding tanks.
- Ritchie binnacle compass.
- 2023 Garmin 36" Radar and Garmin chartplotter at helm.
- 2 Simrad depthsounders and log.
- Simrad AP25 autopilot with robust hydraulic using it's own quadrant on rudder post.
- ICOM IC-M-802 SSB radio.
- ICOM 502 VHF with DSC at nav and separate ICOM mic for cockpit.
- 2018 AIS Vesper Marine.
- Pactor modem.
- 2018 Alpine stereo with Bluetooth stereo and speakers in aft cabin, cockpit and salon.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Fully battened mainsail.
- 130% Yankee high clewed genoa.
- 100% staysail.
- One asymmetrical spinnaker.
- 2018 Harken Roller Furler for Yankee.
- 2018 Harken Roller Furler for staysail with running backstays.
- 2018 Stack Pack mainsail cover with lazy jacks.
- 2012 Selden "Rod Kicker" boom vang.
- 2018 S/S standing rigging except backstay.
- 2016-2018 new halyards.
- 2018 new running backstays.
- Aluminum spinnaker pole.
- Lewmar & Harken rope clutches.
- Kenyon aluminum mast with double spreaders and mast steps.
- Kenyon aluminum boom.
- Lewmar mainsheet traveler on aft cabin top.
- Jiffy reefing on mainsail.
- 2 Lewmar #15 S.T. winches; 2 Lewmar #44 S.T. winches; one #42 S.T. winch; 1 2018 #45 S.T. electric winch.
- Three Lewmar #30 S.T. halyard winches; one #16 reefing winch.
- 2017 Harken batt car ball bearing (oversized) system for raising and lowering mainsail easily.
- Two 6 lb LPG tanks.
- 2018 Highfield 210 aluminum RIB dinghy with 2018 Honda 15 hp 4 stroke outboard with electric start, Model BF15D; serial #BALJ1604548.
- Outboard bracket.
- 8 fenders; docklines.
- Covers for BBQ grill and outboard.
- 2023 Mantis 85 lb anchor with 3/8" chain.
- 30kg Bruce anchor with 3/8" chain.
- Fortress FX-55 with 3/8" chain and 5/8" nylon rode.
- Life jackets; 3 fire extinguishers.
- Two radar reflectors.
- Gusher manual bilge pump.
- 2-12V bilge pumps.
- Handheld searchlight.
- Man overboard pole.
- Custom winter cover and metal frame.
- Hot and cold shower in cockpit.
COMMENTS: KALIYAH is one of the legendary Kelly Peterson 46 Cutters. Only 30 of these offshore center-cockpit cruisers were built, and they remain sought after for their quality construction and design. Doug Peterson, the designer, and Jack Kelly, the builder, spent much time researching and implementing improvements to the original 44' Kelly Peterson's of which 200 were built. Jack Kelly Yachts chose Queen Long Marine in Taiwan to build them of a one piece hull and oversized fittings. Queen Long Marine went on to build all the Hylas Yachts. KALIYAH spent 15 years from early 2000's on Lake Ontario before venturing to Florida and The Keys. The present owner purchased her in the Spring of 2022 and sailed her North to her Maine home. Please note all of the improvements he made from 2022-2023. She is hauled for the winter but easily viewed. It is difficult to find a more able and well-equipped vessel than KALIYAH under $200,000. Please come and inspect and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.