Basic Boat Info
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
- New sails- main, jib, Genoa.
- Transmission rebuilt.
- New damper plate.
- New rear motor mounts.
- Replaced both shaft cutlasses.
- Replaced new drip seal.
- Reconditioned propeller - 3 blade 16 x 12 LH; 2015 1 1/2" S/S shaft.
- New headliner in pilothouse.
- Stripped cap rails and shear boards, seven coats of Epiphanes varnish.
- Repainted pilot house top and main cabin top with Awlgrip white.
- Removed all windows and portholes in aft cabin and rebedded all.
- Removed mast step and rebedded.
- Removed stem band and repaired, rebedded and rebolted.
- Repainted all woodwork in forward cabin.
- Removed, stripped, varnished hatches over stove and table.
- New monogram towels.
- Replaced exhaust elbow with stainless steel.
- 2015 replaced all windows in pilothouse.
HULL & DECK:
- White hull, black boottop, green bottom.
- 2015 hull Awlgripped white; varnished teak hull rubrail.
- Solid fiberglass hull with laid and caulked teak over, glued and screwed and in excellent condition.
- 2007 new teak decks installed.
- Fixed three sided fiberglass over plywood pilothouse over cockpit; side windows and center windshield open.
- 2000 new varnished teak hatches.
- 3 Dorade boxes with S/S ven.
- Varnished teak caprails, handrails and cockpit coamings.
- Teak cockpit sole hinged to access engine spaces.
- Hot and cold cockpit shower.
- Two companionways with varnished teak doors - one to aft cabin and one to forward salon.
- Hardtop over pilothouse has a fixed clear panel to see sails; underside has 2021 Sounddown.
- 2 bow rollers to house 45 lb CQR Plow anchor.
- Several S/S NCR ventilators.
- S/S keel bolts were checked before transatlantic crossing.
- 2021 all varnish on exterior stripped and 8 coats of Epiphanes applied.
- 2000 S/S monitor wind vane installed.
- 2018 2-10 lb LPG bottles installed in vented locker for LPG stove below.
- Manual Simpson Lawrence windlass.
- S/S bow and stern rails.
- 2017 vinyl covered S/S lifelines - double lifelines.
- All stanchion bolts replaced that went through decks.
- All portlights rebedded in aft cabin.
Fuel: 200 gallons in two 100 gallon painted steel tanks; new in 2001.
Water: 110 gallons in S/S tank under cabin sole, replaced in 2000.
Holding: 6-7 gallons in fiberglass tank (discharged by gravity in head).
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 2004 Perkins 4-236 diesel, 75 hp, 4 cylinder, FWC.
- 2021 Rebuilt reverse gear/damper plate/rear motor mounts.
- 2021 new dripless seal/replaced both cutlass bearings.
- 2020 new exhaust manifold.
- 2015 1 1/2" S/S shaft.
- Wheel steering with varnished teak wheel (exquisite).
- 2022 rebuilt injectors and fuel injector pump.
- Borg Warner transmission direct drive.
- Kobelt controls.
- 12V system only.
- 2020 five new lead acid batteries, 115 amp, 4 for house and 1 start battery.
- 2020 100 amp alternator.
- Circuit breaker panel.
- 2018 Skandvik 6 gallon hot water heater, engine driven.
- 2 electric bilge pumps.
- 1 manual bilge pump.
- For 4-5 in a 3 cabin layout with stunning varnished teak interior with teak and holly soles, and 2018 dark green upholstered cushions.
- There are numerous bookshelves and a S/S Force 10 LPG cabin heater on the main bulkhead.
- Starting forward is the vee berth cabin with generous-sized single vee berths with drawers under, shelves aboard, and newly painted white surfaces with varnished trim. Also white overhead.
- Next aft is the forward head with a new Raritan W.C., sink, hot and cold pressure water and handheld shower with teak grate and sump pump, fresh water manual pump.
- Opposite the head is a hanging lockers.
- Main salon has U-shaped dinette to port which could convert to a double berth by lowering the table.
- Opposite to starboard is the generous side galley.
- Galley includes a single S/S sink, hot and cold water and hand pump for salt or fresh water, a 2 burner LPG Tasco stove with oven, Sea Frost engine-driven refrigeration (compressor replaced in 2016).
- There are numerous food and dish lockers. The top of the refrigerator can double as a Nav table, but there is also a chart table in the pilothouse.
- There is an opening port over the galley and in the forward head.
- Next up to the center-cockpit with three sided fixed, fiberglass Dodger, with steering wheel on centerline.
- Further aft is the companionway to the aft cabin. There are port and starboard berths with S/S sink, hot and cold water under centerline lift up hatch.
- Forward to port is an enclosed head.
- There are two opening ports in aft cabin for further ventilation.
- 2020 Autopilot Cetec-Benmar, rebuilt in CA.
- 2 Raymarine ST60 depthsounders.
- Raymarine ST60 knotmeter/log.
- Raymarine ST60 wind speed and directions indicator.
- Furuno FS1502 SSB transceiver.
- ICOM M424G VHF.
- 2014 Raymarine Radar -hybrid touch with chartplotter.
- Raymarine VHS.
- Raymarine wind/speed.
- 2020 Simrad chartplotter with AIS.
- Ritchie binnacle compass.
- Autohelm GPS & Furuno GPS.
- Handheld VHF.
- AM/FM/CD stereo with 4 speakers.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Ketch rig.
- 642 sq. ft. sail area.
- Aluminum spar by Sparlight of gold anodized with mainmast S/S steps.
- 2021 Quantum Dacron mainsail.
- 2021 Quantum Dacron 130% genoa.
- 2018 Quantum Dacron mizzen.
- 2021 Quantum Dacron working jib.
- Storm jib - hanked on to removable inner forestay.
- Lewmar #16 S.T. halyard winch.
- Lewmar #40 S.T. sheet winches and 2 Lewar #50 S.T winches.
- Boom vang.
- Spinnaker pole, aluminum.
- 2015 Schaefer roller furler for genoa.
- 2000 S/S rigging replaced; chainplates removed and remade; new backstays and upper shrouds installed to new L-plates.
- 2018 new running rigging.
- 45 lb CQR anchor with 150’ rode and 180’ chain.
- 55 lb Fisherman folding anchor.
- Fortress FX37 anchor with 25' chain and 150' nylon rode.
- Lee cloths on all bunk.
- Weems & Plath clock and barometer.
- S/S grill with green cover.
- Rod holder.
- Handheld horn; boathook.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Life jackets.
- Life ring and lifesling.
- Teak swim folding ladder.
- Plastimo life raft, 4 man, repacked 2021.
- White cockpit enclosure.
- Outboard lift.
- Emergency tiller.
- Outboard bracket.
- Man overboard pole.
- Deck light on mizzen; spreader lights on main.
- Fire extinguishers.
- 5 stands for haulout.
- LPG shutoff at stove.
- 8 docklines; 4 fenders.
- Signal flags.
- Numerous spare parts: starter, alternator, exhaust manifold, water pump, engine and transmission oil cooler, belts, hoses, etc.
COMMENTS: CHEQUERED PAST has been owned by her present, fastidious owner since 1995, and he continues to upgrade and improve her every year. He has sailed her transatlantic and has over 15 trips to the Bahamas, Florida and back to New England. The "Salar" Motorsailer ketch was designed for robust sailing, but offers and elegant appearance, and an accommodation for two couples or family with two heads. The engine access is excellent for easy maintenance. With all the upgrades as described above, new decks, new tanks, new sails and rigging, new varnish and paint inside and out. She is in need of nothing and is ready to set sail again. Please call us for your inspection. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory change Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 48 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction. Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450