Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH2E
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 51hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Hull is fiberglass with 1” Corecell foam sandwich construction, with longitudinal stringers for a rigid hull (thermally and accoustically efficient).
- Hull was built on a male mold; Vinylester resin was used on the outer skin.
- Lead ballast poured into ballast keel area.
- Full displacement hull with plumb bow, long full keel, bronze skeg to protect prop and 24” x 26” bronze rudder.
- Light gray hull, painted with Alexseal (similar paint to Awlgrip), red boot top, red bottom.
- Off white house and deck, painted with Alexseal; extended hardtop over aft cockpit; cockpit is self-bailing.
- Decks and superstructure are fiberglass and Corecell sandwich construction also.
- Raised foredeck with drop-down anchor well forward; anchor well houses 12V Lofrans windlass with remote; wireless remote and helm station controls.
- Wesmar hydraulic RS250 stabilizers with CPS 1000 control console.
- Sidepower 4 hp Bow Thruster.
- No dinghy davits - replaced with swim platform.
- 2018 new custom Butler Marine 2’x8’ varnished teak swim platform with cover; S/S boarding ladder.
- Built-in transom seat with cushions and storage under.
- Fully enclosed pilothouse, with American Marine windows in salon, from Stuart, Fl.
- One large Bomar hatch forward; four small Bomar hatches with screens.
- Textilene snap-on covers for the pilothouse windows.
- Two opening windshields forward.
- Laid and caulked teak cockpit sole over 5/8” marine plywood, epoxied and glassed.
- Teak caprails, but very little teak to care for.
- Edson spoked wheel at starboard Pilothouse helm, with hydraulic wheel steering.
- Bronze rudder with 1 ¼” bronze post.
- Seastar hydraulic steering with a single ram.
- Cockpit/swim platform hot and cold shower.
- Raw water washdown quick disconnect at cockpit and anchor well.
- 2019 bottom painted with ablative antifouling paint.
- 2020 new deck hatch gaskets.
Fuel: 100 gallons in two aluminum tanks.
Water: 100 gallons in two 50 gallon poly tanks.
Holding: No Holding tank; composting head.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Yanmar 4JH2E, 51 hp, 4 cylinder diesel, FWC, with approximately 1500 hours as reported by Owner.
- Kanzaki KB20 reverse gear.
- 3.2:1 reduction gear transmission, rebuilt 2019.
- 2020 PSS shaft seal.
- 2020 aquadrive CV21 thrust bearing.
- 1 3/8” S/S shaft.
- New 2017 Michigan Nibral 19 x 19 prop – 4 blade certified Class 1 High Accuracy prop.
- Kobelt engine controls.
- Sounddown engine room insulation with lead foam.
- Racor fuel filter for generator and Racor fuel filter for engine.
- Cruising speed: 7-8 mph @ 1800-1900 RPM @ .5 gph.
- Maximum speed: 9-10 mph @ 2600 RPM.
- 12V DC & 110V AC electrical system with AC-DC circuit breaker panels.
- Northern Lights 5kw generator (Model TF/2 18B) – 215 hours.
- 100 amp alternator.
- New 2017, Lifeline thin film pure lead AGM battery bank with new wiring monitoring and control circuits.
- 10 gallon S/S hot water heater by Isotherm
- 2020 Dometic ECD16, 16K BTU air conditioning with reverse cycle heat.
2017-2019 System Wide Electrical Upgrades 12V DC and 120V AC:
- Upgrade to proper size wire, all systems, including bow thruster and windlass.
- New control panels and safety shutoffs.
- New Magnum Energy MS 2812 Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger.
- New Charles Energy 3.6 KVA ISO G2 Isolation Transformer.
- New Smart Plug AC Input with new wiring for 110V.
- New Lifeline AGM, 125 AH engine and generator start battery with monitoring and control circuits.
- 2019 Complete engine rewiring with new instruments, control and alarm circuits.
- Conversion of all lighting aboard to LED.
- New Jabsco 62026 remote control searchlight.
- New Kahlenberg A23 air horn and compressor system.
- For three or four in a very attractive Herreshoff-style interior.
- Chain locker forward followed aft by the 6´5” long offset double berth to starboard, with new custom multi layer mattress with channel quilted top from Best Mattress Company in 2019.
- The hull is lined with varnished mahogany or Maurati wood (similar to mahogany).
- Numerous lockers are under and outboard of the berth; also, a pie-shaped seat is to port.
- Attractive reading lights are at aft end of berth.
- Next aft to starboard is an enclosed head with teal-green Fountainhead counters (similar to Corian), hand-held shower and sink. C-Head, teak wood cabinet, C-Deck flooring in head.
- Hanging locker to port.
- Next aft to port is a side galley with polished S/S sinks with hot and cold pressure water, a Force 10 gimballed LPG four burner stove with oven, lockers above and outboard, Magic Chef microwave, and new 2020 12V Nova Cool refrigerator-freezer; also, a pull-out trash container.
- Opposite the galley is a single 6’ 2” settee berth with a hanging locker and storage shelves outboard.
- Up several steps is the main salon and wheelhouse with 360 degree visibility, with high quality American Marine opening sliding windows, and two opening windshields for very decent ventilation.
- There are helm and companion, forward-facing seats, with curved ladder backs and cushioned seats. There are storage lockers under.
- Aft to port is an L-shaped settee/berth with a choice of dining tables-a small one which has a Fountainhead insert for bottle storage or a larger varnished table for more dinner guests.
- Opposite to starboard is a countertop with storage lockers below.
- The cabin sole is an elegantly-finished varnished Brazilian Cherry.
- At each helm and companionway seat are varnished “step” mahogany boxes.
- All berth cushions are tan Sunbrella cushions with white piping.
- The interior finishwork is in The Herreshoff-style with white laminate surfaces with varnished trim; the overhead is a champagne-colored laminate for ease of cleaning.
- Also, the interior design encompasses natural bright light, with a comfortable, spacious layout.
- 2020 new cockpit and cabin upholstery.
- 6'2" headroom in cabin; 6'6" in pilothouse.
- Simrad NSS EVO II 16” MFD (Multi Function Display).
- Simrad 4G Broadband Radar.
- Simrad NAC-3 Autopilot Course Computer.
- Simrad reversible autopilot pump.
- New steering system with new Seastar hydraulic helm and new hydraulic lines.
- Simrad Bluetooth WR10 wireless autopilot controller.
- Fusion MS-UD 750 stereo system.
- Simrad LAN WiFi.
- Simrad Bluetooth Module.
- Simrad RS 20 VHF radio.
- All above components linked by new NEMA 2000 Network 2017.
- Simrad RS-20 VFH radio.
- Ritchie powerdamp binnacle compass.
- White vinyl cockpit cushions.
- Rocna 15 anchor with 140' chain lead and 200' 3/4" 3 strand nylon rode.
- Ensign and staff.
- Swim ladder.
- 4 life jackets.
- Fenders, docklines.
- Two fire extinguishers.
- Boat hook.
- One LPG bottles in stern locker; LPG shutoff at stove - all new system 2019.
- Kalenberg horn; Kalenberg steam whistle.
- Deck, anchor, and nav lights.
- Automatic bilge pump.
- S/S handholds.
- Dishes, pots and pans.
- 2019 Rebuild of Lofrans Tigres Windless and install of Maxwell wireless remote controller.
- Complete ground tackle includes: 140’ 3/8” BBB chain spliced to 200’ 3/4’ nylon rode, with Rocna 15 anchor.
- EXCLUSIONS: Personal tools, personal electronics (TV, DVD, IPOD base), bedding and rain gear.
COMMENTS: DUNN DEAL is a handsome and unique, full-displacement design, which is ideally-suited as a liveaboard home for a retired couple looking to cruise economically and simply. Because of her plumb bow and vertical stern, and her long waterline, she offers unusually spacious volume in her 38´ length. Her 51 hp Yanmar diesel sips fuel; her cockpit with hardtop extension provides a lovely “back porch” for socializing. Other cruising additions include air conditioning/heat and Northern Lights generator, a bow thruster, and even Wesmar stabilizers for comfortable and seakindly voyaging. This custom one-off vessel is at home as a Maine Downeast cruiser or as a Pacific Northwest full displacement trawler. Please come to inspect DUNN DEAL. You will not be disappointed and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.