Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH2-E
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 50hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Hand laid one piece composite hull with PVC foam core with biaxial laminates.
- White hull, dark blue boottop, blue bottom; beige non-skid decks.
- White cabin trunk with teak grabrails, eye brows, and dorade boxes.
- Vinylester resin and biaxial laminates.
- Internal lead ballast (no keel bolts).
- 2017 new exterior varnished teak trim using Epiphanes varnish.
- Edson pedestal steering with S/S wheel.
- Pedestal-mounted, fold-out, varnished teak table with beverage holder.
- Easily accessible life raft storage under cockpit sole.
- Deep sail locker starboard, shallow locker port.
- 2 LPG propane bottles mounted in lazarette.
- Double S/S lifelines, vinyl coated, with port and starboard gates.
- S/S bow pulpit and stern rails.
- Teak rubrail with S/S half round, installed on hull as an option.
- Skylight hatches, main and forward cabins.
- Ten S/S opening ports; four dorade vents on teak boxes.
- Epoxy barrier coat on bottom using Interlux Interprotect.
- 2014 new stern tube built.
- Skeg mounted rudder.
- Brown privacy curtains around cockpit.
- Brown Dodger with elkhide handrail.
- Custom teak trim around cockpit cubbys in coamings for winch handles, etc.
- Custom arrangement to turn cockpit seats into a double bed with custom mattress.
- Displacement: 21,000 lbs (with tanks full).
- 2019 amidship deck hardware rebedded.
Fuel: 68 gallons in 2 aluminum tanks.
Water: 87 gallons in 2 S/S tanks, under settees.
Holding: 25 gallons in poly tank under vee berth, with 12V macerator pump and tank watch monitor.
- Yanmar 4JH2-E 50 hp diesel, 4 cylinder, FWC, with approximately 4000 hours since checkup and overhaul in 2006 by DePaul Diesel in RI.
- 2006 engine was removed by Depaul Diesel who performed an overhaul including new wet exhaust system.
- Kanzaki 2.62:1 transmission; transmission rebuilt at same time.
- 3 bladed 16 x 14 propeller, protected in aperture.
- 2015 S/S 1” shaft; 2015 stern tube rebuilt (work done by Maine Yacht Center).
- 2015 new cutlass bearing.
- Racor fuel filter.
- Groco sea water strainer.
- 110V AC-12V DC electrical panels.
- 2014 five 12V gel batteries.
- Four 12V bilge pumps.
- 6 gallon hot water heater.
- Power Max 130 alternator.
- Heart Link 20 battery monitor.
- Trace 1500w Inverter/Charger.
- Two 30 amp shore power cords.
ACCOMMODATIONS: For six or seven in a lovely varnished teak interior with teak and contrasting white overhead. 2019 cabin sole refinished to high gloss.
- Door to main salon with separate door to head.
- Wide vee berth with 5” foam and filler cushion.
- Shelf storage port and starboard above berth, drawer storage below.
- Two opening ports.
- Opening hatch above.
- Varnished teak and holly sole.
- Dark green upholstery in excellent condition.
- Superb storage areas.
- To port is pilot berth and single settee with 4” foam cushions, which extend to wide single.
- Teak drop-leaf dining table with bottle storage, and two drawers; table seats six for dinner.
- To starboard is an L-shaped settee which extends to a double berth.
- Further aft to port is a double quarter berth and sit down nav table with full Nav instruments.
- Book shelves, open storage shelves and lockers.
- Closed hanging locker.
- Espar Cabin Heater.
HEAD: (just aft to starboard of vee berths)
- Sink vanity with mirror.
- Raritan toilet with y-valve to go overboard or into holding tank.
- Hot & cold shower.
- Storage cabinets.
- Opening port.
- Shower sump pump.
- U-shaped galley aft to starboard.
- Deep, double S/S sinks.
- Pressurized hot/cold water.
- Back-up fresh water foot pump or salt water pump.
- Storage in counter locker.
- Tasco 3-burner propane (one burner doesn’t work), S/S gimbaled stove with oven and broiler.
- Sea Frost refrigerator, with ice cube trays, engine driven or shore power.
- Numerous storage cabinets above countertop with sliding teak doors.
- Extra drawers on salon side of galley counter.
- YAESU SSB radio.
- Datamarine DCS100 Knotmeter & Log.
- Datamarine DCW 360/80 Wind Speed & Direction.
- Datamarine CA220 Control Panel.
- Raymarine RL70RC Pathfinder Plotter & Radar displays at wheel in cockpit and a separate Raymarine RL70R Radar & GPS at nav station.
- Extra GPS chips from Maine to Caribbean ($5,000 worth).
- Furuno LS6000 Depthsounder-fishfinder.
- Robertson AP20 hydraulic Autopilot w/remote.
- Card Model 060 Radar Detector.
- Standard Horizon VHF.
- 5" Ritchie binnacle compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
IJPE : 750.25 sq ft
I : 52.25 ft
J : 15.00 ft
P : 47.00 ft
E : 15.25 ft
- Working Sail Area : 749 sq. ft.
- 2019 chainplates were removed, inspected and reinstalled.
- 2002 Mainsail, 422 sq. ft., (3 reef points); Mainsail track-car system is by Antal Marine.
- 2000 Genoa 130%, 462 sq. ft.
- 2000 Yankee, 168 sq. ft.
- Storm trysail with slides and track on mast (never used, but sail has some stains).
- Storm Jib (Hank on) used on inner stay when needed.
- Sails recently inspected and found to be in serviceable condition by Hallett.
- Custom Metalmast Marine aluminum spars, painted with white Imron.
- Navtec rod standing rigging.
- Main jiffy reefing from cockpit.
- Harken roller Furler for Genoa.
- Harken roller Furler for Yankee.
- Schaefer adjustable mainsheet traveler on house.
- Schaefer lazy jacks.
- Vinyl coated S/S wire topping lift.
- Double spreaders with flag halyard.
- 2 Lewmar #44 S.T. sheet winches and 2 Lewmar #54 S.T. sheet winches in cockpit.
- 2 Lewmar S.T. winches for reefing at companionway & 2 Lewmar S.T. halyard winches on mast.
- Main halyard and reefing lines run aft to cockpit.
- 3 Anchors - CQR 45#, Danforth HT 20#, and Luke 70# fisherman, first two have rode and chain in split anchor lockers.
- Jordan Series Drogue with 300' line (300' line can be used as anchorage for 70 lb Fisherman anchor).
- Awning (from Dodger to split backstay) – used only at anchor.
- Rod holder on stern rail.
- Edson aluminum outboard bracket.
- Shurflo washdown pump.
- Ideal electric windlass.
- Two manual bilge pumps – Whale Gulper 30 in salon sole and one Whale 10 in cockpit.
- Fenders, docklines, life jackets, fire extinguishers.
- Hot & cold shower in cockpit - acts as washdown also.
2005-2006 REFIT DONE BY QUALITY YACHTS, TIVERTON, RI:
- Rebuilt all 6 winches.
- Installed new S/S lifelines, vinyl coated.
- Installed new anchor roller and added new rode.
- Rebuilt electric windlass.
- Refinished interior teak with varnish; refinished exterior teak with varnish.
- Inspected all standing rigging.
- Removed all 12 portlights, rebedded and regasketed.
- Installed all new dome lights below.
- Installed new sink in head.
- Installed new accumulator tank on water pressure system.
- Installed new cockpit cushions.
- Installed new salon and vee berth cushions in an attractive dark green upholstery.
- Many other small repairs were performed.
COMMENTS: MISTIE is a one owner 39’ Shannon launched in May 1999. In 2005 & 2006, Quality Yachts did an enormous refit which included rebuilding the engine and transmission, rebedding and regasketing the portlights, refinishing the interior teak with satin varnish, refinishing the exterior teak and so much more. MISTIE is now offered at a very attractive price, especially considering her original cost was over $455,000.
For anyone who appreciates high quality workmanship, and is ready to do some offshore sailing, this Shannon 39 should be your first choice. Her interior layout is ideal for a couple, and she is rigged for solo and short handed sailing. MISTIE shows caring maintenance. She awaits your personal inspection, and we thank you for your interest. We shall be pleased to get you aboard.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 45 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.