Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Westerbeke
- Model: 55A Four
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 55hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Hull # 50.
- White hull, green trim, black bottom.
- Original gelcoat on white hull topsides in excellent condition.
- Hull construction is single unit, balsa cored, hand laminated fiberglass off alternate layers of mat knitted biaxial roving.
- 2014 Awlgripped boot and cove stripe.
- Shoal draft, wing keel; balanced rudder.
- Traditional transom.
- Tan non-skid fiberglass with balsa core decks, with marine mahogany plywood in lien of balsa in high stress areas.
- Deck fastened to hull every 4 to 6 inches using S/S bolts, and 3M 5200 sealant in hull to deck joint.
- Edson wheel steering with 44" elkhide-covered S/S wheel.
- Edson pedestal guard brake, Ritchie SP-5 compass; teak cup holder on pedestal.
- Edson varnished teak cockpit table, with padded canvas storage bag.
- Varnished teak exterior trim, completely stripped and refinished in 2014, 2 sealer coats and 6 finish coats; varnished 2-3 coats every year since.
- Varnish exterior trim includes 1 3/4" high toerail, handrails, eyebrow, cockpit coaming trim, companionway/hatch boards, binnacle drink holder.
- Bottom is Interlux Pacifica Plus ablative paint.
- 8 S/S opening ports and 4 large fixed ports.
- 2017 replaced 6 clear acrylic small Lewmar hatches.
- 2009 replaced 2 clear acrylic large Lewmar hatches.
- 2017 replaced 4 fixed portlights.
- 2014 replaced double lifelines - vinyl covered S/S wire.
- 2023 Lewmar 12V windlass with remote and Sunbrella cover.
- 2017 rudder and steering overhaul as preventive maintenance.
- 2013 replaced portlight ship shades.
- 2012 refinished keel (bead blast) and bottom.
- Two chrome dorade vents.
- Self-draining foredeck anchor locker with drain.
- Double bow and stern rails and S/S stanchions with double lifelines and double boarding gates.
- In cockpit, deep storage locker to starboard.
Fuel: 50 gallons in 2020 S/S tank.
Water: 110 gallons in three poly tanks with new variable speed pump 2020.
Holding: 30 gallons in poly tank with new macerator pump 2023.
Hot Water heater: 2018 Torrid 10 gallon S/S tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 1999 Westerbeke 55A Four diesel, 4 cylinder, FWC, with 1656 hours.
- Max 3 bladed prop with spur cutters.
- 1 3/8" Aquamet S/S shaft.
- Last major overhaul @ +/- 1000 hours in 2009 at Boothbay Region Boatyard.
- 2018 exhaust manifold gasket.
- 2018 transmission, preventative maintenance was done; transmission removed and sent out for rebuild; damper plate was replaced; another plate cleaned, prepped and painted; transmission reinstalled.
- 2.7:1 reduction gear.
- Racor fuel filter.
- PSS shaft seal.
- 2021 new heat exchanger.
- Fuel gauge mounted at Nav station.
- Hart Systems tank tender.
- For 7 in a three cabin layout with an abundance of interior volume, 6'4" headroom and very attractive varnished cherry joinerwork.
- The forward cabin has a 6'10" long centerline queen berth with drawers under, an seat to port and vanity and mirror and sink in forward cabin.
- 2 cedar-lined hanging lockers, one forward and one aft.
- Main salon has two 6'5" settee berths.
- The port L-settee converts to a double. There is a cherry drop leaf table on centerline, numerous lockers and bookshelves are outboard.
- Next aft to starboard is the sit-down Nav station with drawers under, and all electronics and circuit breaker panels.
- Further aft is the spacious enclosed head with 2016 fresh water Vacuflush W.C. with all new sanitation hoses and y-valves, a sink with green Corian counters, followed by a separate shower room with teak seat, hanging wet locker and exhaust fan. The shower head has been replaced with a better one in 2020. 2023 new macerator pump.
- To port aft the L-shaped settee, is a U-shaped spacious galley.
- The galley has green Corian counters, a CNG Force 10 three burner gimballed stove and oven (there are 2 CNG tanks), a 2022 Adler Barbour 12V cold machine refrigeration (includes water cooled option), and two polished sinks with 2020 galley faucet. There is a microwave, and numerous drawers and lockers.
- Access to the Westerbeke diesel is located under the centerline galley counters.
- Aft of the galley, is the quarter berth cabin with a double berth, drawers, shelves and a hanging locker.
- The cabin soles are varnished teak and holly in 2010.
- 2021 Balmar XT 170A alternator (much large than standard alternator).
- MC-614 multi stage voltage regulator.
- 2019 new battery solar charging system with padded canvas storage bag.
- 2010 Heart Link 2000 inverter-charger.
- 2020 420 amp hour Lifeline AGM batteries - 4 house and 1 engine start.
- 110V AC & 12V DC circuit breaker panels.
- Converted to LED lighting: Interior cabin lights, Running lights, Steaming/foredeck light.
- 2023 new LED tri-color and strobe at masthead.
ELECTRONICS: (2012 Raymarine electronics)
- C Series radar/chart plotter, P70S autopilot, i50/i60 instruments (depth, speed & wind).
- 2 C Series units, 1 @ Nav station, 1 @ cockpit bulkhead.
- Robertson hydraulic linear drive with autopilot.
- 2020 ICOM M402 VHF.
- Raytheon RAY430 hailer/automated fog horn @ cockpit locker with speaker at mast spreader.
- Clarion stereo with Bose speaker/subwoofer system.
- Bose Cockpit speakers & controls.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 2022 new Z sails (main & 135% jib), tri-radial DCX white.
- Cruising spinnaker with sock, Z Sails.
- Dutchman mainsail control.
- Selden furlex furler, serviced in 2023.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster, rebuilt 2012.
- Forespar line control aluminum whisker pole.
- Hall boom vang.
- Main sail cunningham; two jiffy reefs, led aft.
- Boom preventer.
- 2022 new mainsheet.
- 2012 main halyard.
- Mast height 58' above WL.
- White Awlgripped aluminum boom.
- Hall spar mast with triple spreaders (white Awlgripped finish).
- Serviced all winches, 2023.
- S/S Navtec rod rigging.
- Harken mainsheet traveler.
- 2 Lewmar 54 S.T. sheet winches.
- 3 Lewmar 44 S.T. sheet winches.
- Inboard and outboard genoa tracks.
- Sunbrella green dodger – 2008.
- New dodger Makrolon (Lexan) panels – 2022.
- New rawhide leather - dodger grab bar and trim.
- Dodger canvas waterproof re-treated.
- New Sunbrella green sail cover – 2023.
- Sunbrella green sun/rain awnings - 1 white (new 2022) & 1 green.
- Sunbrella green winch covers.
- Sunbrella green wheel & binnacle cover.
- Sunbrella white dodger panel covers.
- Sunbrella companionway screen & closure.
- 35 lb CQR with 110' 5/16" hi tensile chain & 110' 5/8" 8 plait rode.
- Salt and fresh water washdown at anchor locker, new pump 2021.
- Fortress anchor, storage bag and rode.
- Forespar Nova lift.
- ACR EPIRB.
- Edson outboard bracket on stern rail.
- MOM 8-A, serviced spring 2022.
- 4 Taylor 12" x 24" fenders.
- 5 New England rope 5/8" braided dock lines.
- 2 Marinco power cords with adapters and storage bag.
- Custom teak boarding step with Sunbrella padded canvas storage bag.
- Ultrasuede interior cushions in main salon; original set ultrasuede plush interior cushions, used only 1 season.
- Fabric cushions in vee berth, never used), forward cabin seat and aft cabin.
- Custom vee berth mattress.
- Custom cockpit cushions.
- 12V cabin fans.
- Ensign and staff.
COMMENTS: PANACEA is a 40' Sabre 402 Sloop which is a handsome, modern design with a low profile trunk cabin and a 13'3" wide beam and 4'9" wing keel draft. She is a one owner vessel which has been lovingly and carefully maintained by her owners since 1999 when they purchased her new. They have kept her inside a heated shed and have made improvements without hesitation every year. Please read the listing carefully to see these highlights. This office believes this is one of the cleanest and best-kept vessels we have listed. Also, of note, the Sabre 402 received the Cruising World Boat of the Year Award in 1997. 112 Sabre 402's were built over an 8 year production run. Please call us for your inspection of this immaculate vessel. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.