Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Westerbeke
- Model: 63C
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 63hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Moulded fiberglass construction; white gelcoat hull, wide blue sheer stripe, blue boottop, red bottom
- Wide fiberglass side decks with bulwarks around decks.
- Laid and caulked teak cockpit sole.
- 2014 one coat of epoxy and 2 coats of bottom paint.
- April 2019 new red bottom paint.
- Wide teak bow pulpit.
- Deep cockpit lockers.
- Marelon seacocks.
- Cabin top handrails.
- S/S double lifelines with S/S stanchions.
- Large foredeck storage locker.
- Two S/S dorade vents.
- S/S ports with screens and curtains.
- Lewmar Concept 1 electric windlass with helm remote switch and dual foredeck controls.
- S/S dinghy davits.
- Fresh water washdown at bow.
- High cockpit coamings.
- Fiberglass cockpit dropleaf table that seats six, and a large steering console.
- Edson varnished teak spoked wheel at helm.
- Shoal draft 4’10” with cutaway forefoot.
- Rudder mounted on skeg with prop protected in aperture.
- Fixed, low profile hard windshield with Dodger over.
- External lead keel.
- 4 aluminum framed/acrylic deck hatches.
Fuel: 55 gallons in aluminum tank.
Water: 140 gallons in 2 S/S tanks, midships under sole and under starboard aft berth.
Holding: 25 gallons in poly tank with y-valve & macerator pump, located on aft of head area.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Westerbeke 63C diesel, 63 hp, 4 cylinder, FWC.
- Approximately 3888 hours on meter; hour meter just stopped operating summer 2019.
- 2018 rebuilt dripless shaft seal.
- 1 ¼” S/S shaft.
- 2019 new heat exchanger installed.
- 3 blade fixed prop – 18 x 13 RH.
- Good access at all sides of engine.
- Racor 500 fuel/water separator
- 12V oil change system.
- Tank tenders for fuel and water.
- Cruising speed: 6-7 knots.
- AC-DC electrical panels with new Balmar 100 amp alternator; also, 2018 Balmar regulator.
- Honda eu200i portable gas generator with 30 amp receptacle for shore power cord with approximately 30 hours.
- 2014 Three 100 watt Renergy solar panels mounted on bimini, with controls in aft cabin.
- 2015 3-4D AGM batteries.
- 2011 Group 31 AGM engine start battery.
- 50’ and 20’ 30 amp shore power cords.
- 2018 Pace 2000w inverter/charger.
- A very attractive varnished teak interior with open layout for four.
- Large hanging locker forward, followed by U-shaped, angled settees, and a fixed coffee table that folds up to become a large dining table.
- Opposing salon settees pivot together to become a large centerline berth that is accessible from both sides.
- Ultrasuede Flag Blue salon and stateroom cushions and pillows.
- A hinged bulkhead and a double hinged door close off the space to create a large forward cabin.
- The U-shaped galley is aft of the salon/cabin on the starboard side with a custom counter height buffet that adds substantial counter space.
- Adjacent from the galley on the portside is the nav station; this area houses the electric panel and has excellent storage.
- The private aft cabin features a queen size berth, standing room for changing, three large opening ports, fans for ventilation, drawers and a hanging locker.
- Next and opposite is a large head with vanity, S/S sink, separate shower stall with rebuilt 2018 Raritan PHII manual head and plenty of storage.
- There is excellent ventilation with opening S/S ports, two dorade vents, and four deck hatches.
- There is also one zone Marine Air air conditioning and heat system.
- KAIROS has custom features in galley which include a higher countertop with large trash receptacle and much additional storage.
- U-shaped galley amidships to starboard.
- Culligan water filter and faucet.
- Corian and wood counters.
- 2014 Spectra Cape Horn 12 gph water maker; membrane and feed pump replaced in 2018 (now pickled for winter).
- 2018 new microwave.
- 2014 Dometic Adler-Barbour 12V cold machine refrigerator/freezer.
- Force 10 gimballed three burner propane stove/oven/broiler.
- Xintex propane shutoff/detector.
- Isotherm 6 gallon water heater.
- 2018 Dometic water pressure pump.
- Garmin GPS Map 4208 chartplotter with Garmin 2010 radar overlay at helm (Questar backstay radar mount).
- Raytheon Autohelm ST6000 Plus autopilot with new 2020 autopilot head to be installed.
- Autohelm wind/speed/depth (wind/speed instrument is inoperable).
- VHF radio at nav station.
- New VHF at helm.
- Older Mitsubishi TV and DVD player.
- Alpine stereo system with Sirius antenna.
- Panel in nav for nav Ipod (Ipod not included).
- Ritchie compass.
SAILS & RIGGGING:
- Cutter rig.
- Anodized aluminum mast.
- Mast clearance is under 50’.
- 875 sq. ft. sail area.
- All sails by North are original, in good condition.
- Main with double reef points handled from the cockpit, fully battened.
- Schaefer furling on the jib and staysail.
- Cruising spinnaker (date unknown but newer than original).
- S/S wire rigging.
- 130% genoa by North.
- Self tacking staysail by North.
- 2018 Doyle stackpack and mainsail cover.
- Seldon deck stepped mast; one mast step.
- Internal halyards.
- External chainplates, so no worries about leaks.
- Forespar boom vang.
- All lines led to the cockpit (one of the unique features of the Gozzard is the way the headsail and staysail furling lines run aft beneath the foredeck and then are run externally on trunk cabin top).
- 2014 new main halyard, and a new 2018 secondary main halyard.
- Lewmar 44 S.T. main halyard winch.
- Two Lewmar 44 S.T. primary winches.
- Two Lewmar 30 S.T winches.
- 2018 new Toast Sunbrella sacrificial UV covers on both headsails.
- 2018 new Toast Sunbrella Doyle mainsail cover.
- Trident Marine propane gas system with 2-20 lb tanks in a sealed, vented fiberglass box in the foredeck locker.
- 2018 new propane solenoid.
- 2018 new LED lights throughout.
- 45 lb CQR and 65 lb Delta anchors with chain/rode on the bow rollers.
- 2018 new 200’ 5/16” primary anchor chain and new 2018 rode on secondary anchor.
- 20 lb Danforth stern anchor.
- 2019 Lifesling in new bag.
- Fixed, low profile windshield/Dodger.
- Fold down transom platform with fiberglass steps and a swim ladder under the helmsman seat.
- Whale hot and cold cockpit shower at transom.
- Magma rail-mounted BBQ grill with its own aluminum LPG bottle mounted on S/S stern rail.
- Sunbrella Toast Colored Dodger and bimini with connector (added sunshield curtain to be used on one side only, to protect against sun when in cockpit) and restitched the canvas in 2018.
- 2018 Dark blue cockpit cushions.
- Fireboy Xintex C02 detector.
- Boathook, flares.
- Ensign and staff.
- Rod holder for fishing rod.
- Fenders, docklines.
- Life jackets.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Portable searchlights.
- 1 electric bilge pump; one manual bilge pump.
- Emergency tiller.
- 2014 Hella 12V fans.
- 2018 Mercury 9’3” inflatable dinghy with 2015 Tohatsu 6 hp, 4 stroke outboard.
COMMENTS: KAIROS is one of the popular Gozzard 36 Cutters which combine beautiful Classic lines with solid construction. She sports a clipper bow and a wide beam, teak bowsprit which houses two anchors, a fold-down swim platform/open transom, and a wide comfortable cockpit with fixed windshield and Dodger. There are solar panels above the dinghy davits and bimini. Her draft is under 5’ for cruising the Bahamas which she has done several times. The interior is one of her best features as she has stunning varnished joinerwork, with two cabins in an open layout. If you are a couple living aboard your can boast a living room forward with a quarter berth cabin aft. The lovely enclosed head has a separate shower. The spacious galley is open to the living area, but separate if you wish. KAIRO’S sail plan and cutter rig is ideally suited for a couple to easily handle the sails. There are two roller furlers, one on the headsail and one on the staysail. The main has a Doyle Stackpack for ease of furling.
Please read the listing carefully, and we shall be pleased to get you aboard this quality Canadian-built pedigree Cutter. You will not be disappointed. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 46 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.