Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: 3408TA
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 800hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
RECENT UPGRADES BY PRESENT OWNERSHIP:
- Generator removed, inspected, new mounts installed, new belts and hoses, new 2022 generator battery. Hours on generator approximately 2500.
- All new LED lights installed below.
- All fire extinguishers and system tagged and serviced.
- New ceiling overhead in main salon redone.
- House and engine start batteries, including for bow thruster and separate battery charger.
- New Fusion MS AV-755 stereo and DVD player.
- New Jensen TV with ROKU.
- New 200’ hi-tensile chain.
- Lofrans 12V windlass.
- Revarnished entire forward cabin.
- New taupe ultra leather cushions for U-shaped dinette. Dinette makes into a double berth.
- Revarnished exterior brightwork, and some of interior brightwork.
HULL AND DECK:
- Hull by: Duffy-Atlantic Boat, Brooklin, ME; Finished by: Lee Wilbur, Wilbur Yachts, SW Harbor, ME.
- The hull is dark green, Awlgripped, year unknown; deck is Awlgripped light cream Epiphanes, with non-skid finish.
- Bright varnished teak bow pulpit with custom stainless bow rail.
- Suitable teak hand rails for maneuvering around on deck.
- Teak swim platform with custom teak swim/boarding ladder on transom.
- Edson davits, Awlgripped dark green to match the hull.
- Appropriate fenders and docklines.
- Fresh water deck washdown system.
- Lofrans Tigress electric windlass.
- 33 lb. Bruce Anchor with 200' of 3/8” chain.
- Windshield wipers and washers.
- Fuel: 340 gallons in 4 aluminum fuel tanks - 2 each side, in engine room and all connected.
- Water: 100 gallons in S/S tank.
- Holding: 20 gallons in fiberglass tank in engine room.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Caterpillar 3408TA 800 hp diesel, FWC, with approximately 2800 hours (heavy duty, commercial grade diesel with fine reputation).
- Perforated aluminum sound mitigation system by Sounddown.
- Hynautic engine controls pilothouse and flybridge.
- Twin Disc Transmission reduction gear 2:1.
- 5 blade Nibral prop.
- Lube oil and marine gear transfer system.
- Hynautic hydraulic steering.
- Fireboy automatic firefighting system.
- Two zone, reverse cycle Marine Air with digital controls.
- Vacuflush head.
- Wesmar electric bow thruster.
- 10 gallon S/S hot water heater.
- Dahl dual fuel filtering system for main engine.
- Single fuel filter for generator.
- Fuel management manifold in engine room.
- Dual-trumpet air horn.
- Cruising speed: 10-12 knots @ 1300 RPM.
- Fast cruise: 14-16 knots @ 1900 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 22 knots @ 2250 RPM.
- 7.6 KW Westerbeke generator with sound enclosure – 2500 hours (generator removed and mounts done; new belts).
- Two 30-amp/125-volt shore power connectors.
- Two 30-amp/125-volt shore power cords with additional pig tail.
- Xantrex Freedom 2500 inverter.
- Newmar HDM24-25 battery charger.
- Four 8D Lifeline batteries, 24V for starters and thruster; 2 house 12V; 2-245 amp 8D lead acid batteries. 110V heater electric heater mounted in companionway steps.
- 10 gallon hot water heater.
- Raymarine Axiom 12 Radar-GPS Quantum 2 receiver, on flybridge and at lower helm.
- New Raymarine 2022 network.
- New Raymarine transducer 12RV for depth.
- New AIS receiver (not transmit) hooked into Axiom System.
- Robertson AP 200 Autopilot (old, intermittent - sold AS IS).
- Raymarine ST60 depth sounder and tri-data and wind speed.
- Garmin 741 GPS / Plotter – spare to port in salon.
- ICOM M126 VHF.
- DNP 200 Ritchie Compass.
- Caterpillar engine instrumentation.
- Floscan fuel monitoring display.
- Bow thruster control.
- Windlass control.
FLYBRIDGE: Repeaters for:
- Raymarine AR2000 digital GPS receiver.
- Robertson AP200 Autopilot.
- Raymarine Depth sounder.
- HF 72 Ritchie compass.
- Bow thruster control.
- Windlass control.
ACCOMMODATIONS: The master stateroom, located forward, has an island berth with drawer storage below. The finish utilizes satin varnished cypress sheathing with white bulkheads and a teak and holly cabin sole. To starboard is a large hanging locker and to port is a built-in bureau with a set of six drawers. There is ample ventilation with six opening ports and an overhead hatch with Sky screen. The forward cabin also has reverse cycle air conditioning. The dedicated head with Sealand Vacuflush toilet, vanity and S/S sink is next aft to starboard. The spacious shower compartment with second vanity, stainless steel sink and Scanmix shower mixer is opposite the head to port. Both the head and shower areas have fiberglass soles and teak doors. Up four steps is the pilothouse/salon/galley. The helm is to starboard with a sliding pilothouse door providing access to the starboard deck. The custom teak helm seat is attached to a custom cabinet which provides useful storage space and a set of drawers. A matching teak nav seat is situated to port with additional storage underneath. The salon is equipped with teak valances for the custom window treatments. The galley is aft of the helm to starboard and is a U shape with a Norcold 12V-110V refrigerator, a S/S sink and a Princess three burner propane stove with oven (2-10 lb tanks in cockpit). To port is a settee with a storage cabinet aft. The L-shaped settee pulls out to create a proper double berth with storage underneath. Sliding storage trays are available under the settee. The hi-lo teak table in the salon seats up to six. The teak joinery is outstanding and the attention to detail is equally impressive. The flybridge is accessed via a ladder to port in the cockpit. There is a folding aluminum mast for electronic antennae. Flybridge helm station is to starboard with full instrumentation and repeater electronics. Companion seating is to port. Cockpit serves numerous purposes with transom door, tackle storage locker, custom cabinet, seating in 2 teak chairs aft, hot & cold shower fixture and space for a table.
• Norcold refrigerator/freezer with custom teak-faced door.
• Three burner plus oven Princess propane stove.
• Custom teak dish storage with service items for 6, under counter garbage bin.
- New LED lights below.
- New ceiling overhead.
- Fusion stereo & DVD player.
- 200' hi tensile chain.
- Lofrans windlass.
- Jensen TV with Roku.
COMMENTS: The Duffy 38 is one of the most graceful and efficient hull shapes to come out of Maine. URCHIN is dry, seakindly and able. The 3408, 800 hp Cat diesel is an enviable option, providing fast-cruise speeds in the 12-16 knot range and an efficient 10 knot slow cruise. Her care has been conscientious. URCHIN is undoubtedly one of the best finished Downeast vessels on today’s market.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.