Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: 3208-T
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 375hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
- Entire boat has been Awlgripped; Topsides – Flag Blue, Boot Stripe - Snow White, Non-skid – Kadey Krogen Beige, Deck, House and Bridge - Insignia White.
- Hull has been soda blasted, barrier coated with yearly application of ablative antifouling paint.
- Custom polished stainless and teak safety and handrails throughout the decks, cockpit, and flybridge.
- Polished stainless flybridge ladder with teak treads.
- Solid fiberglass hull.
- Protected prop and rudder.
- Teak swim platform and transom door.
- All exterior teak, wooded and built-up with 8 coats of Epifanes with maintenance topcoat every year.
- Paramax 7 salt water wash-down at cockpit and bow.
- Shawn and Tenny Company mast-boom and deck lights.
- All windows and hatches removed anodized or painted, rubber gaskets replaced, glazing rebedded and units reinstalled.
- All deck hardware and handholds removed, core reefed, filled with epoxy and rebedded. Flybridge lifted and rebedded.
- All S/S railings and ladder to flybridge replaced. All railing fasteners removed, core reefed, filled with epoxy and rebedded.
- Spray rails and lifting strakes wooded, repaired, soaked with penetrating epoxy and painted.
Fuel: 200 gallons in two aluminum tanks.
Water: 80 gallons in two poly tanks.
Holding: 12 gallons in one poly tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Caterpillar 3208TA, 375 hp diesel.
- All mechanical systems have been extensively replaced or updated over past 10 years.
- Caterpillar 3208TA 375 HP at 2800RPM, serial #01Z15891, removed from the vessel in 2011, stripped completely to the block, and rebuilt with all Caterpillar parts - parts lists available upon request. Balmar100 amp alternator, exhaust riser and elbow rebuilt plus addition of a custom muffler. Engine mounts, stern bearings and packing replaced. Shaft knife added.
- All on engine wiring and sensors replaced. Heat exchanger and exhaust elbow cleaned with all new cooling hoses.
- Approximately 1370 hours since rebuild.
- All fill, engine, generator, plumbing, and sanitary hoses have been replaced.
- Installed fuel manifold, multiple fuel filters and all fuel hoses in lazarette.
- Fuel gauges calibrated and manual site gauge installed.
- Fireboy fire suppression system.
- 2 - 12V bilge pumps.
- Edson manual bilge pump.
- 12V DC electrical system.
- 8D start battery.
- 4 – Trojan 6v house batteries.
- Electrical wiring sorted and arranged with new breaker panel etc.
- Promariner 1230 battery charger.
- Additional 12V and 110V GFI outlets throughout boat.
- 30 amp 120V shore power with galvanic isolation.
- Westerbeke 5.0 KW BCD generator with 825 hours.
- Seawater pump rebuilt.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Entire interior has been painted white with contrasting high gloss teak trim to give a Herreshoff look. A cabinet door at the forepeak allows access to the anchor locker. A hanging locker and shelf is opposite the galley. Natural light and fresh air pour through a screened overhead hatch and 2 stainless steel screened cabin ports. A clean white curtain draws across the fwd. cabin to create a private sleeping area. Aft of the hanging locker a Dickinson diesel heater is mounted. Galley is just aft to port of the V berth with 6'2" headroom. Storage is in hull side slider cabinets with 2 stainless steel screened ports above for ventilation. Additional storage is in 4 drawers between the sink and stove, cabinet on the aft bulkhead and in a large cabinet under the sink for waste & recyclables. See "Galley" section for more details. Enclosed head & shower stall are across to starboard with 5'9" headroom. A single basin stainless steel sink provides hot & cold pressure fresh water, with a mirror and stainless opening port above. Storage is in a cabinet under the sink with a shelf and in a cabinet under the counter next to the Groco Model K head. Shower stall has a seat, 12V overhead light, and stainless opening port for ventilation. Main salon offers 6'2" headroom with a 6'6" settee to port that pulls out to create a berth. A custom captain’s chair and accent chair round out the salon furniture. Windows provide a panoramic view of the coast. Center windshield opens, as do windows to port, starboard, and aft, all screened, to create a terrific cross breeze. Storage is under the settee and in a cabinet with a shelf under the TV/DVD. Cockpit Awlgripped in 2020. Storage is in a lazarette under the cockpit along with additional 2 floor hatches. A propane locker is fwd. to port of the cabin door. Flybridge is accessed to starboard via a stainless steel stairway with teak treads. There are 2 pedestal mounted seats for the captain and mate and 2 folding deck chairs for passengers. Storage is in flip-down cabinets at the captain and mate seats and in 2 cabinets with shelves under the console.
- Herreshoff interior with white paneling and high gloss teak trim.
- Satin varnished teak & holly cabin sole.
- Updated cushions throughout.
- Custom curtains.
- Headliner, handholds and battens replaced.
- Aluminum framed painted windows with sliders and screens.
- Marineaire reverse cycle air conditioning and heat.
- Chelsea clock & barometer.
- Smoke/CO detector.
- Majestic TV/DVD player.
- FM/AM/MP3 stereo with iPod & USB inlets and flybridge remote.
• Stainless steel single basin sink.
• Hot & cold pressure fresh water.
• Hillerange 3-burner propane stove/oven.
• Aluminum propane tanks, lines, regulator, and Gasmaster solenoid for safety.
• Seafrost holding plate refrigeration and super insulated refrigerator with freezer bin.
• Counter tops replaced.
. • Macerator pump, y valves, hoses, shower sump and toilet have been replaced.
- Furuno NAVnet 3D MFD8 color GPS chart plotter and 2kW radar, at both upper and lower helms.
- C-Map charts for north eastern North America.
- Furuno autopilot integrated with the MDF’s with control heads at both upper and lower helms.
- Furuno FI-50 depth at both upper and lower helms.
- Icom IC-M504 VHF at upper helm.
- Icom Command Mic III at lower helm.
- Fenders & dock lines, shore power cable.
- All exterior canvas replaced, two set of exterior window covers.
- Inside storage every year by all owners.
- Lofrans 1000 electric windlass.
- 35# plow in bow roller with 25' chain & 200' 5/8" rode in anchor locker.
- Yard trailer and custom shed available.
OWNER'S COMMENTS: Complete and thorough update and refresh of all systems over past 10 years. Three owner boat, freshwater kept for 30 years plus two summers in Maine. First owner kept boat in Wisconsin, second owner brought her to Maine in 2010 and started a complete rebuild, current owner brought her to NB in 2012 and finished update. "Kindred" has been stored inside every winter by the three owners. Complete and thorough rebuild, replacement and refresh of all systems over past 10 years. "Kindred" is in exceptional condition.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 48 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction. Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450