Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Universal
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 44hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- White gelcoat on hull with solid fiberglass laminates; red, white and blue boottop, black bottom.
- White fiberglass cored decks and trunk cabin.
- Modified fin keel with 8000 lbs of external lead ballast; skeg-hung rudder.
- S/S portlights; two large deck hatches and one small hatch; plus lazarette.
- Aluminum extruded toerails.
- S/S stanchions with double vinyl-covered lifelines, double gates with fold-down S/S ladder each side.
- Three dorade ventilators.
- Custom fabricated binnacle for Garmin & Edson pedestal wheel steering, with red leather covering on S/S wheel.
- Maxwell-Nillson 12V windlass (up only).
- S/S double bow roller system (unique & ingenious).
- S/S deck hardware.
- S/S Kato dinghy davits.
- Emergency tiller.
- New 2018 Dodger and 2018 Bimini – white Sunbrella with side curtains and a red connector piece between the two.
Fuel: 80 gallons in two fiberglass integral tanks with S/S cleanouts, located under main cabin sole on centerline.
Water: 200 gallons in two S/S tanks; located under port and starboard settees.
Holding: 2018 20 gallon holding tank with macerator pump and y-valve so can discharge before going into holding tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Universal 44 hp 4 cylinder diesel, FWC, with approximately 1780 hours on meter, plus 800 hours from previous meter as stated by owner.
- Engine is located in well-insulated engine box amidships, under double sinks, with superb engine access.
- Approximately 1780 hours on meter, plus 800 hours from previous meter (as stated by Owner).
- Racor fuel filter, easily accessible.
- Hurth transmission.
- Single lever Morse throttle controls.
- S/S shaft.
- Two bladed bronze folding prop.
- 2018 dripless shaft seal.
- All seacocks are bronze ball valves.
- Tank Tender gauges for fuel and water tanks.
- Cruising speedd: 6-6.5 knots.
- 12V DC & 110V AC electrical system.
- 2018 four Group 27 batteries for house and engine start (all can be combined).
- 2018 one Group 31 for electric anchor windlass located under vee berth.
- Xantrex 1000w inverter with control panel.
- Xantrex 40 amp charger.
- 80 amp Leece-Neville alternator.
- Two electric bilge pumps with float and manual switches.
- For six in a very attractive, bright interior with spacious accommodations.
- The forward cabin has large full sized queen berth with storage cabinets above and storage below, and a hanging locker.
- Next aft to port is an enclosed head, Groco manual head, sink with hot and cold pressure water, hand-held shower, teak grate on sole and storage cabinets. There is a hatch overhead.
- The main salon has an L-shaped settee to port and a straight extension berth settee to starboard with bookshelves and cabinets above, a liquor cabinet and a drop leaf teak table between. The comfortable cushions are maroon-colored leather.
- Cloth leeboards are fitted on both main salon settees.
- Further aft to starboard is a full-sized sitdown chart table and seat, with circuit breaker panels, compass, VHF, tank tender gauges, etc.
- On centerline, aft of dining table, are double sinks with lift-up access to the engine with the engine box fully insulated, and a S/S safety handrail surrounding the top of the box. Under the teak cabin sole by the engine box, are the fuel tank and water tank manifolds.
- The L-shaped galley is next aft to port, with an abundance of counter space and lockers. There is an Alpes four burner S/S stove with oven and an engine driven Sea Frost refrigerator and separate freezer.
- To starboard and aft is a double quarter berth and hanging locker.
- The interior joinery is exquisite varnished teak with a teak and holly sole.
- Standard Horizon Matrix VHF with AIS.
- Suunto Finnish binnacle compass on helm pedestal; Airguide compass below.
- Garmin 5208 multi-function touch screen GPS.
- Garmin Radar.
- Garmin depthsounder.
- Garmin speedometer.
- Garmin autopilot with remote.
- Garmin wind instruments.
- Jensen AM/FM radio & CD player with Sony speakers, with antenna separator.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 883 sq. ft. sail area.
- 2014 Bohndell mainsail with three reefs.
- 2014 Bohndell 110% genoa.
- Neil Pride 140% genoa; fair-good condition.
- Spinnaker and storm jib, hardly used.
- Harken Roller Furler for genoa.
- Selden anodized aluminum mast, stepped on keel with double spreader rig.
- 5/8” oversized S/S standing rigging with Norseman Terminals.
- Boom vang.
- Shroud rollers.
- Replaced main halyard, jib halyard, two spinnaker halyards and two topping lifts; can also add second main halyard.
- Two Lewmar 52 S.T. primary sheet winches.
- Four Lewmar 43 S.T. secondary winches.
- Three Lewmar 43 S.T. on the mast for halyards.
- Red sailcover.
- Highfield Lever with Dyneema inner stay for use of storm jib in heavy weather.
- 2014 4 man Viking liferaft in Valise (needs recertification).
- ACR EPIRB.
- 4 fenders; numerous docklines.
- Triax radar reflector.
- Maxwell-Nillson windlass – up only.
- LED and flourescent lights below.
- 4 fire extinguishers; horn, bell, electronic flare.
- Manual bilge pump.
- 2 LPG Tanks.
- High water bilge alarm.
- Life jackets.
- Bruce anchor on bow roller with 200’ galvanized chain.
- Danforth anchor with chain lead and 200’ nylon rode.
COMMENTS: Rarely does this office list a vessel of the superb quality of the Stevens 42 Sloop. DAWN is the last of the five Rod Stephens designed Stevens 42’s. These rare-to-market bluewater cruisers are an ideal size to be handled easily by a couple, yet spacious enough to cruise a whole family. She has classic lines, is well-balanced, responsive, stiff and down right fast to sail. Her solid construction, built in Taiwan, is to very high standards. One of her best features is her lack of teak on her exterior, yet her teak interior finish is elegant. She has large amounts of storage, has a very comfortable cockpit, and is capable of taking you across oceans. DAWN has had three owners. Her present owner completed a very successful offshore trip to the Caribbean and back. They are ready to turn her over to her next Steward. Please call us today for your inspection and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 46 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.