Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Westerbeke
- Model: W-46
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 46hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- White hull, gray cove and boot stripe, blue bottom.
- Light gray fiberglass non-skid decks and coach roof.
- Opening ports in hull sides and coachroof.
- Five opening hatches overhead.
- Two dorade vents.
- Two deck prisms.
- Skeg rudder.
- Stainless steel double bow roller.
- Maxwell Nilsson V-100 electric windlass.
- Stainless steel bow & stern pulpit.
- Salt water deck wash pump.
- Six large aluminum mooring cleats.
- Edson steering pedestal with dual lever engine controls.
Fuel: 70 gallons in steel tank.
Water: 120 gallons in S/S tank.
Holding: 30 gallons.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Westerbeke W-46 diesel, 46 hp, 4 cylinder, V-Drive, FWC.
- Max Prop three blade feathering prop.
- 2470 hours as reported on hour meter.
- Cruising speed: 6 knots.
- 110V AC and 12V DC systems.
- Inverter/charger and monitor.
- 2-12V batteries.
- 2-12V engine start batteries.
- Shore power cord, 50', 30 amp.
- 12V DC and 110V AC switch/breaker panels.
- Solar Panel with trickle charger.
- Starting forward is a large vee berth stateroom, with hanging lockers to starboard, and numerous storage shelves on each side and under the berths.
- Aft and to port is a comfortable head with a sink, opening window and composting head. This can easily be returned to a standard head with installed holding tank.
- There is a separate space aft with the shower stall and hanging locker for rain gear.
- Moving aft, the salon has a U-shaped dinette to port and large settee that can be comfortably used as a berth to starboard.
- Next aft to port is the U-shaped galley with double stainless steel sinks, gas stove, large icebox/refrigerator can be reinstalled and plenty of cabinet storage.
- Opposite to starboard of the galley is a comfortable navigation station, ready for all your gadgets.
- Finally, there is a comfortable cabin to starboard and aft of the galley with a double berth, opening windows, shelving and hanging locker.
- 12V cabin fans.
- Red floor-illuminating courtesy lights.
- Hanging lockers with automatic lights.
- Headroom is 6’5".
- The forward facing U-shaped galley has good counter space, and excellent storage in cabinets and lockers.
- Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water.
- Fresh and salt water foot pumps.
- Regal Mariner stainless steel three burner LPG stove with oven, needs some repairs.
- Refrigeration/Freezer not in use and currently used as an ice box.
- Front and top loading refrigerator available for re-hook up.
- Top loading freezer.
- Temperature gauges for both refrigeration boxes.
- Sea Frost 110V/engine driven refrigeration with chill plates in freezer and spill-over cooling in fridge.
- Robertson AP 2000 DL autopilot.
- Brooks and Gatehouse depthsounder.
- VHF radio.
- Ritchie compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- In 2016 the standing rigging was replaced.
- Keel stepped aluminum mast
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging.
- Rigid boom vang.
- Harken roller furling on headsail. Original with boat, works fine.
- 135% genoa - lightly used in very good condition.
- Approximately 2000 Full batten main.
- Symmetrical spinnaker - original but barely used.
- Spinnaker pole - frozen jaw. Currently off the boat.
- Lewmar-2 #55 primary winches in cockpit.
- Running backstays - not used but still have them.
- Lewmar-2 mainsheet and reefing winches in cockpit.
- Lewmar-2 winches on mast for Halyards.
- 30 lb CQR primary anchor with chain & rode.
- Cockpit Dodger with S/S frame, about 6 years old.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Cockpit table.
COMMENTS: ARIELS SONG is a quality offshore cruiser. Designed by naval architect Gary Grant, the Norseman 400 is a wonderful offshore cruising design capable of making fast, easy passages. She performs
well in both light and heavy air, and is strong enough to cross oceans. Her interior is light, open and airy and well laid out for living aboard and cruising offshore. She has a comfortable 2 cabin layout, fore and aft. Lots of storage space all over the boat & very well built. She is fast, comfortable and very seaworthy. She has a long fin keel with a skeg rudder - a great combo. She is a top quality design and few boats of this size compare. ARIELS SONG has had only two long term owners and has benefited from gentle use and care. Her
current owner of 15 years is a very basic sailor and has not upgraded her systems to a modern
level so you have an opportunity to choose what you desire for electronics. She has had her standing
rigging replaced in 2016. We shall be pleased to get you aboard. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.