Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Perkins
- Model: 4-154
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 62hp
- Year: 1989
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Fiberglass hull with some closed cell foam in the forward quarters of the boat for panel stiffness and weight reduction.
- The hull is built in a single unit with encapsulated lead ballast and full skeg mounted rudder.
- In 2003 the entire hull was stripped and re-gelcoated.
- This is a more expensive and superior finish and process as compared to Awlgrip or other multi part linear polyurethane finishes.
- The bottom was barrier coated at that time, the teak deck removed and new teak decks were laid.
- All deck hardware removed and re-bedded.
- The house tops were done with Awlgrip with grip-tex in appropriate non-skid area, and the trunk cabin and waterways were regelcoated.
- Custom Cheoy Lee off white/cream gelcoat topsides with custom red/cream/red/gold boot top and gold cove stripe. The bottom is finished in a hard red epoxy anti fouling and has been kept well sanded and fair. Fiberglass cored decks with a 7/16" teak overlay on the side decks, all exposed fiberglass was re-finished as noted above in 2003 and decks were new at that time as well.
- Teak trim with Cetol clear finish. Large cockpit with Edson pedestal steering, large sail locker to starboard and lazarettes aft.
- Wide side decks with double stainless steel stanchions and lifelines with gates P&S and double stainless steel bow and stern rails.
- Lofrans electric windlass with foot pedal controls.
- 45 lb Rocna anchor with approximately 250' chain.
- Saltwater washdown forward.
- Fresh water wash down aft.
- Cockpit cushions, maroon.
- 6 Type ll Lifejackets.
- Horseshoe life ring.
- Man overboard pole.
- Avon Ocean 4 man life raft (not certified, AS IS).
- Magma stainless steel propane grill.
- Outboard motor bracket.
- 3 fenders,4docklines.
- 2017 two 10 lb LPG tanks with new regulators in cockpit locker.
- All Lewmar hatches 2003.
- All bronze posts 2003.
- New fixed ports 2003.
- Aries windvane steering (off the boat, but does convey).
- 2020 Dodger over forward companionway; full cockpit Dodger.
- 2021 Bimini top, maroon.
- Maroon cover for teak cockpit table.
- Boat hook.
- Life jackets.
- Emergency tiller.
- 2017 11'5" RIB dinghy by Coastal.
- 2017 Tohatsu 15 hp outboard 4 stroke, pull start
Fuel: 96 gallons in two 36 gallon tanks and one 24 gallon tank (all aluminum and new in 2000).
Water: 350 gallons in two 150 gallon tanks and one 50 gallon tank, integral to hull.
Holding: 40 gallons (both heads go to tanks).
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 1989 Perkins 4-154 inboard diesel, 62 hp, 4 cylinder, FWC, with 1625 hours.
- 3 blade Max feathering bronze prop, rebuilt in 2020.
- 2022 new injectors installed and all fuel polished.
- 2022 new exhaust elbow and hose.
- 1 1/4" S/S shaft.
- Borg Warner 2.5:1 reduction gear.
- In 2011 the engine and gear were removed and given a complete overhaul.
- Engine compartment fire suppression.
- Racor fuel filter.
- 2011 Aquadrive coupling.
- Spur cutters on shaft.
- 2 electric bilge pumps.
- 1 manual bilge pump.
- Macerator pump.
- Seafrost engine driven holding plate refrigeration.
- Heart Tank Tender for fuel and water tanks.
- Cruising speed: 7 knots; Maximum speed: 8.5 knots.
- Wired for 12V DC and 110V AC service.
12V Digital amp and voltmeters.
- 2021 4-6V golf cart batteries, 2 banks, wired in series.
- 2022 8D engine start battery.
- 90 amp Balmar alternator.
- Next Step 3 stage voltage "smart" voltage regulator.
- 2022 Sterling battery charger.
- 2021 new shower sumps.
- 2022 new 12V macerator pump.
- 2022 holding tank hoses and heads rebuilt.
- 2017 all Pex piping for water system throughout.
- Switch panel with breakers.
- 30 amp shore power connection in cockpit.
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord.
- 11 outlets.
- 2010 True Charge 40 amp battery charger.
- 2-6 gallon water heaters (also engine supplied).
- There are accommodations for up to 8 in fully varnished teak 2 stateroom, 2 head interior with a varnished teak and holly sole.
- Headroom is 6'5” plus throughout.
- There is an abundance of natural light and ventilation with 6 opening ports, 4 fixed ports and 6 hatches. (all opening ports & hatches are fitted with screens) and 4 polished stainless steel Dorades. Starting forward is the private forward cabin with 6'6" vee berth with filler.
- Below the berth there is storage in bin type storage and there is a dressing seat" below the port vee over.
- Above the berth the hull has varnished teak "ceilings" and then under deck lockers.
- Aft and to starboard is a hanging locker while opposite to port is a bureau with drawers and a locker outboard. Aft and to starboard is the forward head featuring a separate stall shower compartment with seat, outboard vanity with laminate surface, porcelain sink with hot and cold water, storage in two lockers with shelves and a manual W.C. plumbed via a Y-valve to the holding tank. There are two doors to access the head.
- Opposite the forward head is large hanging locker aft of which is a bureau with 4 drawers and locker outboard.
- Next aft is the main salon with straight settee to port and U-settee to starboard.
- The port settee seat back folds up to make upper and lower single berths while the starboard settee will pull out to make a double berth.
- Above both settee there are shelves and book cases.
- Additional top access storage may be found below the settees.
- Dining is off of a pedestal mounted teak table with storage cubbies.
- The U-shaped galley has a large, deep stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water, manual fresh and manual raw water faucets, extensive storage in several lockers and drawers. The galley has white and blue tiles.
- There is a large double top loading refrigeration box fitted with Seafrost holding plate refrigeration, and there is the Force 10 gimbaled propane three burner stove with oven.
- The centerline companionway ladder and full height engine compartment divides the galley from the forward-facing nav station, which is to starboard.
- There is a bench seat with storage under, flip top style teak chart table with lockers under and shelves and cabinets outboard for nav pubs and electronics.
- Aft of the bench seat is a hanging locker. Continuing aft is the private aft cabin with its own companionway to the cockpit and private head.
- To port is a double quarter berth, forward of which is a hanging locker and bureau with drawers.
- Below the berth there is some top access storage space and above the hull is sheathed with varnished teak paneling and a storage shelf.
- Opposite to starboard of the centerline companionway is the private aft head with ensuite shower, manual W.C. plumbed via a Y-valve to a holding tank, and vanity with storage and porcelain sink with hot and cold pressure water and manual fresh water.
- Throughout, this Cheoy Lee 47 is in very good condition, with recent interior varnish and upholstery as well as lighting and many other upgrades.
- 2017 Raymarine E-140 color radar/plotter display (slave at nav station).
- Raymarine 218 VHF with hailer, fog signals, and DSC.
- ICOM M-700 SSB.
- Ritchie 3" magnetic compass.
- 2017 GME Accusat 406 mhz EPIRB; also, small EPIRB.
- 2018 Raymarine autopilot.
- 2015 Raymarine E-120.
- Raymarine ST60+ speed/log.
- Raymarine ST60+ depth.
- Raymarine ST60+ wind and speed.
- Raymarine Command mic remote for VHF.
- Ritchie 5" binnacle mount compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Kenyon double spreader, keel stepped, mast and boom powder coated off white with 1x19 wire rigging with Norseman terminals.
- She has a detachable mid stay so that she may be sailed either in a sloop rig configuration or cutter rig.
- 2008 North Main with 2 reef points.
- 2008 North 130% RF genoa (not used presently).
- 2008 North assymetrical cruising chute and snuffer.
- 2008 Anson hank on staysail (on removable inner stay).
- 2008 Harken battcar system for mainsail.
- 2018 all chainplates replaced at Rockport Marine.
- 2016 all shrouds inspected and found satisfactory.
- Harken #44 S.T. 3 speed main halyard winch aft.
- 2005 all new standing rigging.
- 2005 all new running rigging.
- 2008 Profurl genoa furler.
- 2008 Hall rigid Quickvang.
- 2003 Lewmar mainsheet traveler system.
- Barient #18 & 2 #24 2 speed halyard winches on mast for staysail, spinnaker and genoa.
- Barient #19 2 speed reefing line and topping lift winch on boom.
- Barient #32 2 speed primaries.
- Barient #24 2 speed secondaries.
- New Harken S.T. halyard winch or mainsheet winch - 3 speed to port of companionway.
COMMENTS: This Cheoy Lee 47, designed by Dave Pedrick, is a capable offshore cruiser. She has had numerous upgrades in the last 20 years and shows very well. This Pedrick designed Cheoy Lee 47 is like few other yachts her age. She has been given an exceptionally thorough refit since 2003 including entire exterior and interior refinishing, new 2005 teak decks, all new running and 2000 standing rigging, electronics and much more. She is quite possibly a better boat than she would have been as delivered from the builder's yard. We encourage you to come inspect her if you desire a capable cruising vessel in this size range. She is currently cruising the waters of Penobscot Bay, Maine, and can be seen with notice. The owner has done some local bareboat chartering with her. She is kept in first class condition.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 48 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction. Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450