Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 6LPA STP
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 315hp
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 6LPA STP
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 315hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- A complete rebuild and upgrade of systems was undertaken by Seller from 2009 – 2019.
- From the Cabins aft Bulkhead to the stern, with the exception of the side decks, everything was removed and replaced and upgraded with new or modern materials.
- The interior of the Hull was stripped to the glass, inspected and gel coated.
- All fastenings used are of Stainless Steel or bronze, including half rounds on rubrail which are bronze.
- All through hull fittings are bedded in 3M 5200.
- The vessel was rewired utilizing marine grade wire throughout.
- The Hull is Solid Fiberglass, gelcoated antique white; Solid Mahogany Cabin and Bridge Sides are painted white.
- Decks and Cabin top are Fiberglass over marine plywood, Re-Glassed & Beige Non-Skid Gelcoat applied to Side Decks, Cabin top.
- Helm Station was Custom Built and houses Morse Engine controls and Yanmar instruments, Navigation and Radio etc.
- There is a matching unit to Port, with ample storage.
- Bridge Deck Roof is Cored Fiberglass, replaces original.
- Bridge Deck solid Fiberglass.
- 2 Engine Hatches with Gas Shocks; cored Fiberglass, Replaces original.
- Interior of hull was regelcoated white under cockpit deck.
- Aft Deck from Step down is Solid Fiberglass, bonded to Hull, replaces original.
- Step down is extra thick Fiberglass for Rigidity and bonded to Hull.
- The Deck Supports are varnished 2x2 inch Teak Posts, replaces original.
- Aft deck side walls are fiberglass, bonded to Deck.
- Cut out panels used for side panel hatch fronts.
- Ample Storage in Sidewall Compartments, Vented propane Storage in Aft Starboard Locker, Hydraulic Reservoir in Port side Aft Locker.
- New Teak Swim Platform.
- Hull re-gelcoated. Color is Anitque White.
- Hull below waterline, Eight Coats of Petit Epoxy Barrier Coating.
- Red Petit Anti-foul, July 2019.
- The Mast is original; it was primed and sprayed with Awlgrip (Oyster White), mounted on a hinged Tabernacle for ease of lowering; there are two Stainless Steel 1x19 1/4 inch shrouds with S/S Turnbuckles.
Fuel: 220 gallons in 4 aluminum tanks, interconnected per sid.
Water: 50 gallons in poly tank.
Holding: 30 gallons in poly tank with y-valve and deck pumpout (new macerator pump and head hoses and new head).
ENGINES & MECHANICAL:
- Twin Yanmar 6LPA STP, 315 hp, diesels, 6 cylinder, FWC, with less than 25 hours.
- Twin ZF63A transmissions – 2.04 reduction gears.
- New gear shift, Throttle Cables and Morse Controls.
- New twin Double Racor Fuel Filters with vacuum gauges.
- Groco Raw Water Strainers, 2 inch, All associated water hoses.
- New dripless shaft logs by PSS, Pressurized.
- New four Blade Bronze Propellers 18X20 by Michigan Wheel.
- New 1.25” S/S Propeller shafts.
- New coupling and associated Cutlas Bearings.
- Bronze Rudders with Shaft packing glands, Reconditioned.
- Twin Bennett Trim Tabs, with spare 2 Tabs.
- Hynautic Hydraulic Steering with Edson Wheel (Hynautic Pump & Cylinder Overhauled by Authorized Service Center).
- Aux Fuel pumps enabling Fuel Filter Priming and Fuel Polishing.
- Fuel Gauges by Blue Seas.
- Insulated Engine Compartment.
- New fuel polishing system.
- Cruising speed: 18 knots.
- Maximum speed: 22 knots.
- 12V Electrical System/115V AC Electrical System.
- Blue Seas AC/DC circuit breaker Panel.
- Outlets Port and Starboard.
- MarineAire reverse Cycle A/C, Control Mounted on Bulkhead, 6000 BTU Reverse cycle A/C.
- One master battery switch.
- Mariner 50 amp battery charger.
- Two 4D batteries for both house and engine starting.
- 2 Shore power cords.
- 12 gallon S/S hot water heater.
- Garmin 942XS Chart Plotter.
- Garmin B-619 Depthsounder.
- Danforth 4 Inch Constellation Compass.
- Simrad Autopilot with AP 20 Control Head (2005 Model, Rebuilt/ Serviced 2019).
- Icom 504 VHF.
- Blue Seas Vessel Systems Monitor with Fuel Tank Senders.
- Blue Sea 30 Amp Control Breaker on Individual 30 Amp Circuit for Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner.
ACCOMMODATIONS: (Interior was modified but not completely rebuilt).
- For four in two cabins.
- Anchor Locker Forward.
- 6’ vee Berth forward with Filler piece, storage under.
- Forward Shower/Bathroom Compartment with Corian Counter, Sink and Faucets by Scandvik, Hot and Cold Pressure Water. Bronze Mushroom Vent. (Plumbing exists for the addition of a second Head).
- Hanging Locker with Cedar lined flooring opposite shower compartment.
- Port and Starboard Settees, Port Settee may be configured as an upper and lower bunk.
- Dish and Plate storage cabinet on Bulkhead wall above Drop-leaf Dinette Table between Settees.
- Locker and Shelf Storage outboard of Starboard Settee, Storage under.
- Galley aft of Starboard Settee.
- Opposite Galley, Aft Head/Toilet Compartment with Jabsco Toilet, Vented loops. Corian Counter with Scandvik Sink and Faucets. Hot & Cold Pressure water.
- Cabin has Nine Bronze opening Ports with Screens - all Rebuilt.
- Teak Forward Hatch with New Lexan Butterfly Hatch with New Lexan over main Cabin Area.
- LED Brass Cabin lights.
- Remote Control Caframo Fans in vee Berth.
- Teak and Holly Sole.
- New Corian Counter Tops with Teak Rails Stainless sink and Faucets by Scandvik.
- Hot and Cold Pressure Water.
- Corian Filler Piece for Sink w/ Wooden Cutting board on reverse.
- Seaward 4 Burner Propane Stove, with Oven.
- Built In Refrigerator Box with Sea Frost Refrigeration BDXP Air & Water cooled, with Electronic Control.
- Trident Marine LPG Gas Control.
- Numerous Lockers for storage.
PROCEEDING FROM THE BOW: The anchor platform was custom made to replace the original and features a Bronze anchor roller, Chain Stopper and an Ideal Windlass with both rope and a 5/16 Chain Gypsy installed. The Windlass is original but has been rebuilt by the manufacturer Ideal Windlass and is therefore in first class working order. The Coach Roof and all decks have been re-glassed and re-gelcoated. The Coach roof or Cabin top contains an opening Teak framed hatch forward and a Butterfly hatch midway, there are two Dorade Boxes with Bronze Cowls for additional ventilation below deck, these are just outboard of the Butterfly hatch. There are two hand rails that run the length of the cabin top, these handrails of Teak and Bronze fittings were custom built. On the Bridge deck roof are the Running lights in varnished Teak framing, and also a search/spot light mounted at the forward end. The roof surface carries non-skid for safe access to components when necessary. The pilothouse has very ample headroom and is fitted with a comfortably placed steering station. The three-panel windshield plus two-side windows provide excellent visibility. The Pilothouse roof has been replaced with a cored fiberglass roof with two opening hatches for ventilation located above the helm and passenger seats. There are lights installed in the ceiling with the light over the Helm being either Red for night use, or White. There is a step down from the Bridge Deck to the aft deck where there is a mast located, the mast carries a radar mount, steaming and anchor lights and the VHF antenna, there are two deck lights mounted on the spreaders, and also, two flag halyards. The mast is capable of carrying a steadying sail. This deck contains two hatches for below deck inspection and access, and is drained by two bronze scuppers in the after area. The Bridge deck and aft deck side walls contain lockers for storage. There is a deck shower mounted in one of them on the Port side, also, four smaller panels for engine room ventilation. The aft deck bulkhead contains two lockers, one of which is a vented Propane locker, the other contains The Hydraulic steering reservoir and associated plumbing, there is also ample storage available in this locker. There is a decked area from the aft bulkhead just mentioned, to the transom which contains the two lockers mentioned above, it also contains an insulated top loading Ice box of generous proportions, The box has two trays, drains overboard and is accessed by either of two hinged and insulated lids. In the center of the aft decked area there is an ensign mount
- 15 kg/33 lb Rocna Vulcan Anchor with 150 Ft of 5/16 HT Chain.
- Bronze Ideal Windlass, Rebuilt by Ideal, W/ Rope & Chain Gypsy, Mounted on new Custom Built Fiberglass Anchor Sprit With Bronze Roller.
- Bronze Chain stopper and Chain Hawse by Ideal Windlass.
- Hot & Cold Cockpit Shower with 6 Gallon Water Heater.
- Three Windshield Wipers with Washer systems.
- Four LED Ceiling Lights on Bridge Deck, Red/White over Helm Station.
- Two opening Hatches in Bridge Deck Roof for additional Ventilation.
- Jabsco Search and Spot Light, Electrically controlled.
- Port & Starboard Running Lights on Cabin Top, Anchor Light, Steaming & Deck Lights on Mast, VHF Antenna on Mast Head.
- Mast has Winch for Steadying Sail, & Platform for Radar, plus Two Flag Halyards.
- Mast Mounted on Hinged Base for Simple lowering.
- Four in Deck Flush Mounted Rod Holders.
- Two Automatic Electric Bilge Pumps.
- Sea Frost Refrigeration BDXP with electronic Control.
- MarineAire 6000 BTU Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning; Water Puppy Pump for overboard Shower Sump and Fridge Box Drain.
- Sureflo Water Pressure Pump with Accumulator.
- Three Hand Held Fire Extinguishers.
- Dock Lines & Fenders.
COMMENTS: Our office was fortunate enough to sell QUAIL to her present fastidious owner who undertook 10 year refit. QUAIL now looks like a NEW handsome “Downeast” Hardtop Cruiser. She has the lines of a traditional Lobster Vessel. She boasts a new engine room with new twin 315 hp Yanmars. Almost everything mechanical is new. Her layout is very attractive and ideal for a couple to cruise and live aboard for extended periods. With her Yanmars, she cruises easily at 17-18 knots. A survey done in June 2019 is available upon request for serious prospects. We shall be pleased to get you aboard this high quality vessel. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.