Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Perkins
- Model: 6-354
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 135hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Light gray hull, blue boottop, red bottom (Hull painted with Epiphanes by roll and tip method 2021).
- 6 opening fore and aft Bomar hatches; 11 opening portlights.
- 4 Dorades.
- 2019 Non skid deck refinished; beige deck painted with Interlux Interdeck paint.
- 2021 Cabin trunk painted and topsides painted white in Epiphanes.
- Hand laid up fiberglass hull.
- Solid teak toerail; varnish finish is Epiphanes.
- Edson wheel steering with chain to cable steering.
- Draft: 5'6" with centerboards up; 12.25 with centerboard down (two bronze centerboards).
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Perkins 6-354, 135 hp diesel, 6 cylinder, FWC, hours unknown.
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive reduction gear.
- 3 blade Max prop, factory rebuilt and warrantied, October 2015.
- 1.5” S/S prop shaft.
- Edson wheel steering.
- Large engine room with plenty of room for a generator (no generator presently).
- 2 Racor fuel filters.
- 2021 high pressure fuel lines have been replaced.
- Cruising speed: 6 knots @ 2100 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 6.5 knots @ 2400 RPM.
Fuel: 500 gallons in 2 fiberglass tanks under salon sole.
Water: 500 gallons in 2 fiberglass tanks under salon sole.
Holding: approximately 30 gallons for midship head only (aft head direct overboard). Forward head has deck pumpout only. Holding tank under galley sole.
Hot Water Heater: 20 gallons in S/S tank - from engine running.
- 12V-110V electrical systems.
- 110V is 2-50 amp & 2-30 amp service outlets - not charged sold AS IS.
- 12V & 110V circuit breakers.
- 2014 Go Power 2000 Pure Sinewave inverter.
- 2014 Air Breeze Wind Turbine - off boat currently.
- 2019 6 Life Line AGM 8D House batteries.
- 2022 new 24V engine start batteries - handles windlass and centerboard winch.
- 6 solar panels which keep 12V refrigerator going (believed to be 100w each).
- Generator removed, but still wired for it.
ACCOMMODATIONS: 3 staterooms, 7 berths.
• Raised C-shaped settee to port with custom built varnished mahogany table, 2013; Table moves fore and aft; Lots of storage behind and under.
• Cabinets to starboard with 3 large drawers below, and fold down nav table.
• 2 steps down lead to passageway with electrical panel, single berth, 5 drawers, wet locker and engine room door.
• Aft stateroom has berths to port and starboard with settee, mirror and bureau in between and hanging closet. Private aft head has Techma fresh water head, sink with cabinet and separate shower stall.
• A ladder leads to the cockpit.
• Forward of the salon is the galley to starboard.
• Opposite is the head with a 2019 electric head, cabinet, sink and handheld shower.
• Next forward to port is the guest stateroom with over/under berths, 3 drawer bureau and hanging closet. A separate door leads to the head.
• Vee berth is forward with single berths, hanging closet and sink with cabinet behind.
• Crew covers for salon settee cushions.
• Lonseal Flooring - (synthetic mahogany look-alike); lightly varnished walnut veneer in salon; Herreshoff interior forward and aft.
• 2013 Upright Vitro Refrigerator/Freezer, 110V/12V - runs off solar panels.
• Broadwater 4 burner LPG stove with broiler; 3 LPG tanks - 6 lb each, one hooked up at a time.
• 2015 S/S sink and Faucet.
• Lots of storage.
• Freshwater foot pump.
• Roomy cockpit with companionways fore and aft.
• Custom built helm, 2013.
• Teak cockpit coamings, 2013.
• Captains Seat - needs cleaning.
• Cockpit Cushions.
• Freshwater Faucet.
• Bimini top, 2014.
• Dodger, 2015 (one tear in Strataglass on starboard side); awning between masts.
- Datamarine Depthsounder, Speed log and Clock.
- Simrad Robertson AP11 Autopilot.
- 2018 Garmin Radar 741 XS, mounted at helm.
- 2018 Garmin chartplotter 741 XS, mounted at helm.
- 2018 Vesper Marine AIS (send and receive).
- Standard Horizon VHF at nav station.
- Ritchie 6" binnacle compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Sail are approximately 1534 sq. ft.
- Main, full-battened, approximately 2008 (good condition), with lazy jacks.
- 2020 new Mizzen by Bayview Rigging, Yarmouth, ME.
- 2021 new Selden Furlex headsail furler.
- Yankee high clew jib.
- Staysail - needs replacing - fixed shroud.
- 2016 genoa (approximately 135%).
- 2015 Genoa cars replaced.
- 2002 S/S standing rigging with Sta-Lok terminals; 2002 larger S/S chainplates with S/S strap through decks to molded knees (S/S standing rigging inspected and approved by surveyor who went aloft in 2019).
- Aluminum spars are painted white; keel stepped main mast with double spreaders.
- Sail covers - light green.
- Recent running rigging; Asymmetrical spinnaker with sock.
- 9 Lewmar and Barient chrome-finished winches, self-tending staysail sheet winch; Furler is S.T; halyard winches S.T.
- New Bimini, 2014.
- New Dodger 2015.
- 2017 new centerboard pennant installed (2022 pennant and swage fitting inspected again) - diver inspected centerboard trunk; bronze centerboard.
- Go Power 2000 Pure Sinewave Inverter, 2014.
- Air Breeze Wind Turbine, April, 2014.
- Safety covers for salon ports.
- Propane locker with 2-6 lb propane tanks.
- Fenders and docklines; life jackets.
- S/S davits - not installed.
- Safety covers for salon ports.
- Swim ladder.
- Line drawings from MIT Museum.
- Rule electric bilge pump; 2 electric sump pumps.
- 1 manual large diaphragm pump.
- Fenders; docklines.
- 30 kg Bruce-type anchor with 60' 3/8" chain and 150' nylon rode.
- 55 lb Barnacle anchor with 250' 3/8" chain.
- 24V horizontal windlass - up only.
- Gun locker.
- Storm windows for salon windows.
COMMENTS: Excellent Blue Water Cruising Yacht. Designed by World renowned John Alden and built in East Boothbay Maine by Hodgdon Brothers Shipyard 1975/76. This is a wonderful Offshore Sailing Yacht, offering many cruising possibilities with the Center Board configuration. NICTE HA is a well built yacht and one of the few Boothbay Challengers with the desirable "Walk-Thru" layout and Engine Room access. 16 of this renowned John Alden design were built by Hodgdon in East Boothbay, Maine.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 48 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.