Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Windsor
- Model: 451
- Fuel: Unleaded
- Make: Windsor
- Model: 451
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL AND DECK:
- 2009 White Awlgripped hull, deck and superstructure; blue boottop, green bottom.
- Solid fiberglass hull.
- 2015 Interlux bottom paint.
- 2007 bottom soda blasted, and epoxy-coated with seven coats of Interprotect.
- Gray contrasting non-skid fiberglass over balsa-cored decks.
- 2009 Recored and reglassed cockpit hatches; new cockpit hull ceiling replaced with starboard.
- New Aluminum framed windows; 2 forward windows open.
- New aft bulkhead.
- S/S bow rail.
- S/S ladder to flybridge.
- Flybridge helm station only.
- New aluminum trim.
Fuel: 150 gallons in new 2007 aluminum tank.
Water: 20 gallons in poly tank.
Hot water: New 6 gallons (not used by seller).
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Twin Remanufactured Windsor 451 gas engines, FWC; Bertram marinized the engines & parts.
- 112 engine hours on port & starboard engines (starboard engine shows 266 when ignition switch left on).
- Cruising speed: 16 knots @ 2800 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 20 knots @ 3200 RPM.
- Rebuilt starters, alternators, new cables, hoses, belts. Impellers changed every year.
- 2015 new Borg Warner Velvet Drive starboard transmission; port transmission rebuilt.
- New 1 1/8" Aquamet 22 S/S shafts.
- New exhausts.
- New bronzeseacocks and strainers.
- 2007 props tuned.
- (2) 3-blade bronze 17x17 props.
- Manual steering.
- Engine room lights.
- Trim tabs.
- Bilge blowers.
- 12V DC/120V AC systems.
- New AC-DC electrical panels and vessel rewired.
- 2013 Four lead acid batteries - 2 house, 2 engine.
- New 110V shore power system; shore power cords.
- New DC UPM circuit breakers.
- New AC Paneltronics circuit breakers.
- Protech 4 30 amp battery charger.
- For four.
- Vee berth forward with new 2007 Sunbrella yellow vee berth cushions with filler.
- Next aft to port is the enclosed head with single sink with handheld shower, storage behind and under, and a porta potti and sump pump.
- Opposite is a dinette with 2 settees with new Sunbrella cushions; dinette converts to a double berth.
- The galley includes counter, sink, hot and cold pressure water, and an older 12V refrigerator (needs recharging).
- 2007 Garmin 498 chartplotter & depthsounder.
- Furuno depthsounder and fishfinder.
- New Sony AM/FM/CD player, with 2 speakers in cockpit and 2 in main salon.
- Compass (on flybridge).
- 3 fenders; docklines.
- Danforth anchor with 15' chain lead and rode at bow.
- Danforth anchor with rode.
- 4 life jackets.
- West Marine inflatable with oars (year unknown).
- Yamaha 4 hp 4 stroke outboard (year unknown).
- Electric horns.
- 3 bilge pumps.
- Courtesy lights on flybridge & cockpit.
- Complete manuals.
- High water alarm.
COMMENTS: A complete 2 year Restoration of vessel and engines was undertaken by present owner at Landing Boat School in Kennebunkport, ME. This included new wiring, new fuel tank, new engine stringers, new aft bulkhead, installation of remanufactured 451 Windsor gas engines, rebuilt transmissions (starboard new 2015), new exhausts and running gear, new water hoses and shower sump, new bilge pumps, new hot water heating, new shore power, new batteries, new stereo and much more. Also, the entire vessel has been Awlgripped white, with contrasting light gray Awlgripped decks.
If you appreciate the ride of a Ray Hunt designed vessel, this Restored 28 Bertram, a true classic, will appeal to you.
Please call us for your inspection of HERON. You will not be disappointed. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 46 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.