Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Perkins
- Model: 4-236
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 85hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Solid fiberglass hull, over 1" thick.
- Hull by Grampian, Canada; Finished by Frans Maas, Breskens, Holland.
- White hull, blue boottop, red bottom.
- Center-Cockpit with aft cabin and separate companionway.
- Twin tandem fiberglass centerboards, but vessel is a full keel boat. Present owner doesn't use centerboards (not needed).
- Single bow and stern rails.
- Double lifelines.
- Three deck hatches and 4 dorade vents.
- 7 chromed opening portlights.
- Maxwell Nilsson 12V windlass - up only.
- Natural teak toerails and teak exterior trim and teak cockpit sole.
- Teak hull rubrail.
- S/S boom gallows.
- Deep, self bailing cockpit with blue cushions.
- Fore and aft companionways.
- S/S frame for Dodger.
- Frans Maas built 3 of these 46' hulls.
- Beige fiberglass over 5/8" plywood decks and cabin trunk tops.
- Edson pedestal wheel steerer with S & S wheel.
- Teak cockpit pedestal table.
- Fiberglass rudder attached to full keel.
- S/S rudder post.
Fuel: 19 gallon poly tank; 80 gallon Monel tank, under port settee.
Water: 200 gallons in three tanks - one under cockpit, one under vee berth, and one under starboard settee.
Holding: 6 gallons for forward head but presently has y-valve and goes overboard (has Lectra San unit).
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Perkins 4-236, 85 hp diesel, FWC.
- Installed in 2015 as rebuilt Perkins, hours unknown.
- 2021 flushed exhaust manifolds.
- 2021 rebuilt all injectors.
- 2016/2017 new S/S water jacketed exhaust.
- Racor fuel filter.
- Borg Warner 2:1 reduction gear.
- 1" S/S shaft.
- 3 bladed 18" prop.
- Dripless shaft seal.
- 12V system with circuit breakers; 110V only to charge batteries.
- 2021 new 12V deep cycle starting battery.
- 2019 two 4D lead acid house batteries.
- Alternator has new diodes.
- For 8-9 in a varnished mahogany interior with teak soles.
- Vee berths forward with many lockers below and above, and a hatch overhead.
- Next aft to port is an enclosed head with Wilcox Crittenden manual head, S/S sink and cold pressure water.
- A leaded-glass window is affixed to head door; hanging locker is to starboard.
- The main salon is elegant with painted white bulkhead panels and varnished mahogany trim. There is a U-shaped dinette and table to port with a straight settee to starboard. There are bookshelves and lockers outboard.
- The mainmast is a centerline and stepped on keel.
- A Force 10 LPG cabin heater is mounted on aft bulkhead.
- Aft to port is the galley with a S/S sink, Paul Luke 3 burner LPG stove and oven, and refrigerator (not operating, sold AS IS).
- Numerous dish lockers and storage lockers are outboard.
- Next aft in passageway are upper and lower single berths, with 2nd head aft.
- The second head is more spacious and has new Jabsco W.C. connected to 12V Lectra San unit. This head includes a sink and shower.
- Finally, the aft cabin has a double berth starboard and single to port, with a full nav table and seat forward of the berths. There are steps to a companionway to access the deck.
- Access to the engine is via double doors in the passageway.
- Datamarine speedometer.
- 2018 Garmin GPS-Map.
- Datarmarine depth with new 2020 transducer.
- Furuno 1730 Radar (black and white screen).
- Robertson autopilot, never used, SOLD AS IS.
- Ritchie binnacle compass.
- VHF radio.
- Sony AM/FM/CD stereo.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Taller main mast with double spreaders installed in 2000's.
- Ketch rig with double head sails (some call her a yawl).
- In early 2000's new Selden aluminum masts and booms for main and mizzen which are on roller furlers in mast.
- 2 Furlex roller furlers for double headsails.
- 2020 all sails cleaned by Bohndell.
- Early 2000's main and mizzen and staysail.
- Yankee, may need replacing.
- Spinnaker with no pole (sail has a tear).
- Two Lewmar 62 S.T. sheet winches and several Barient winches.
- Extra heavy S/S standing rigging.
- Mast stepped on keel.
- S/S flat bar chain plates.
- Selden boom vang.
- Self-tending staysail.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Lifering and lifesling.
- Fenders, docklines, fire extinguishers, boat hook, life jackets, winch handles, signal flags, cockpit and interior pillows.
- 12V fans,
- Spreader lights.
- 45 lb CQR plow anchor with 5/16" chain.
- 35 lb Fisherman type anchor with rode in bow locker.
- Radar reflector.
- 2020 North Atlantic inflatable with 2006 2 hp Honda outboard.
COMMENTS: BLUE ANGEL is a most interesting Bill Tripp 46' Center-Cockpit, full keel ketch (some say yawl) with a sweeping sheer so she stands out in any harbor. Her hull was built in 1970 of solid fiberglass by Grampian Yachts in Canada and then shipped to Holland to be finished by Frans Maas's yard. Consequently, her interior joinery is of highest quality mahogany with teak soles, and special touches such as leaded glass locker and door panels. Her hull is of moderate displacement and originally had twin tandem centerboards, but these owners see no need to use them. Her previous owner installed a taller rig with Selden in Mast furlers on both main and mizzen for easy handling. She also has 2 roller furlers on her Yankee and staysail. Her interior layout can accommodate 8 or 9 if desired in 3-4 sleeping areas, and is equipped with 2 heads. BLUE ANGEL shows very well and if offered at a very attractive value. Please come and inspect her and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 48 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction. Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450