Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH45
- Fuel: Diesel
- Year: 2017
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Reinforced fiberglass hull by Halmatic Ltd, England; built to Lloyd’s specifications and finished by Poul Molich’s yard in Huundested, Denmark.
- 2004 Teal green Awlgripped hull; silver cove stripe.
- 2013 cabin top and cockpit repainted using Eggshell White Awlgrip.
- 2011 bottom was completely stripped and a professional application of Interlux Barrier 2000/3000 added, then finished with Micron 66 ablative Red bottom paint.
- Fall 2015 new boot stripe and fresh bottom paint.
- Teak decks laid over fiberglass in 1973 by Molich, when vessel was returned to builder; heavy teak decks are in very good condition.
- All exterior varnished teak brightwork refinished to highest standards every year.
- Interior is all hand-rubbed varnished teak.
- Varnished teak and holly sole throughout interior.
- All bilges Awlgripped Merritt white.
- Molich chrome plated bronze pedestal steering with brake and controls.
- Yacht Specialties 28” wheel, elkhide covered.
- Varnished teak cockpit table.
- Rebuilt rudder, 2005.
- Varnished teak king plank, margin planks and covering boards are all in excellent condition and add to her impressive appearance.
- Teak decks were adhered to her fiberglass underlayment with 3M5200 bedding and bunged with #10 bronze machine screws.
- 2012 new Natural-colored Dodger & bimini & full cockpit enclosurer.
- Welded S/S integral headstay chainplate, highly polished.
- Solid 1 ¼” teak cabin trunk, varnished with high gloss varnish.
- Fixed rectangular ports with radiused corners and tempered glass.
- One chrome opening portlight in head with screen.
- Two trunk cabin hatches on teak mouldings with clear plexiglass, hinged to open either forward or aft, with Sunbrella covers and hatch awnings. Teak hatch screens for hatches.
- Two S/S dorade ventilators mounted on varnished teak boxes.
- Bare teak tread strips installed on trunk cabin top forward of the mast for secure footing.
- Laid and caulked teak cockpit seats and bridge deck.
- Chromed bronze manhole hatch in cockpit sole for superb engine access; cockpit sole is moulded fiberglass.
- Custom-built cockpit storage lockers with special line storage, special bags for blocks, etc.
- Welded S/S bow and stern pulpits.
- Tapered S/S stanchions; double lifelines.
- Bronze seacocks, all painted with white Awlgrip, and the handles have been chrome plated.
- Four cockpit scuppers, each to it’s own bronze seacock.
- All S/S deck hardware has been custom polished to a near mirror smooth finish.
- All lockers are impeccably clean and painted out in white Awlgrip or clear Awlgrip varnish, including the undersides of lockers. This is the perfect solution to the dilemma of keeping a yacht interior clean, mildew-free and odor free.
- LPG tanks installed in molded deck lockers with varnished teak box and hinged teak lids.
- The quality of the teak joinery and the skillful workmanship is exceptional. This joinery is of straight, tight grain old growth wood, free of checks and knots, and matched in grain and a golden teak color.
Fuel: 50 gallons in Monel tank with fuel gauge.
Water: 80 gallons in 2 integral fiberglass tanks under salon sole; large watertight caps for cleanout on tanks.
Holding: yes, with y-valve (approximately 10-15 gallons).
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 2017 Yanmar 4JH45 diesel, FWC.
- KM35P transmission 2.36:1 reduction gear.
- New S/S shaft; new PSS dripless shaft seal and cutlass bearing.
- Engine room lined with leaded foam Sounddown insulation in 2017; painted bilge areas white in 2017.
- Cruising speed: 6 – 6.5 knots @ 1800-2000 RPM, burning approximately .7 gph.
- 4 blade 17x13 B-hub Featherstream feathering prop.
- New Sidepower Bow Thruster – SE-80 (twin blade).
- 2017 4 AGM Group 31 Lifeline batteries and new Group 27 starter battery with new switch.
- 12V ship’s service and 110V shore power.
- 105 amp alternator.
- 2010 Digitally controlled Cruisair central heating/air conditioning, 12,000 BTU's.
- 2017 4 Lifeline AGM house &1 engine start battery; new battery cables (Group 31T batteries); 2 Lifeline Group 31's to power 12V head and windlass.
- 2017 changes all interior and exterior lighting to LED and added spreader lights to main and mizzen.
- 2018 20 amp Xantrex battery charger and inverter.
- New Smart-cord shore power system.
- New Xantrex monitor system with shunt.
- Polarity indicator.
- New Go Power flexible solar panels (2) and 30 amp controller (200 watts total).
- Inverter to use laptop and cell phone.
- 2010 added AC panel with spare breaker; DC circuit breaker panel.
- 2011 added receptacles and new2017 Xantrex charger & inverter (inverter runs TV/DVD, microwave and outlets).
- 110V outlets.
- 2010 added galvanic isolator and high water alarm.
ACCOMMODATIONS:Sleeps five comfortably. A large forepeak area in bow for anchor rode storage, followed aft by another forepeak storage area. Next are vee berths (with filler) with custom teak storage lockers, drawers, shelves, bookcases, and a forward hatch over berth. Next is a large cedar-lined hanging locker with 3 extra shelves, and shoe holders. Opposite to port is an enclosed head, sink, 2017 electric fresh water Raritan head with all new hoses, new ceramic tile floor, holding tank with deck pumpout or overboard, telephone-type shower, cedar-lined linen lockers, and 6 drawers. The main cabin has a pull-out settee berth to port with bookshelves above, custom teak built-in cabinets, and storage lockers below. On the starboard side is a pull-out settee and pilot berth above, and more lockers above and below. All settee berth cushions have been reupholstered in blue Sunbrella. 2018 Flat screen HD TV/DVD mounted on salon bulkhead. There is a Simpson Lawrence tile wood-charcoal fireplace forward to starboard. Just off the centerline is a drop-leaf gimballing teak dining table with silverware bins and a custom built rack for dry good storage. Aft to port is a spacious galley with 4 burner Force 10 propane stove and oven, S/S sink with pressure water, salt and fresh water pumps, 2012 microwave oven, lockers, spice racks, and built-in bins for plates, bowls, glasses and mugs. Also included is a pull-out garbage bin, special knife rack, bureau of drawers, custom tool drawer, and custom liquor locker. Opposite is a sit-down navigator’s station with chart table, and 2012 refrigeration with 3”-5” polyurethane foam insulation. The Nav area includes sextant locker, bookshelves, vertical chart storage, special rack for spare parts, and flag locker. Marine batteries are stored underneath custom teak storage area aft of nav. Access to engine is under companionway and through a manhole in cockpit. Plumbing is all copper, Awlgripped white, and has been reled to make better use of storage. Sail lockers aft are unusually large with special storage for awning poles, oars, sail covers, blocks, etc. Sail lockers have Awlgripped Merritt white bilges with Awlgripped clear varnish on mahogany hull ceiling strips. Large lazarette aft, Awlgripped the same as above.
- 2017 All new Raymarine electronics.
- ES98 Multifunction Display with Q24C Radome.
- EV-400 Autopilot.
- AIS split.
- i 70’s multi, iTC5 converter.
- CPT-S & ST800 transducers.
- New ICOM VHF radio with Ram & 2 antennas.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 2017 North mainsail, 135% genoa and mizzen.
- 2017 Selden masts, Leisure Furl booms.
- New S/S standing rigging and running rigging.
- Wichard boom brakes.
- 2 original Spinnakers & mizzen staysail.
- Forespar whisker pole system, mounted on mast.
- 2013 Harken mainsheet traveller moved to mid-boom.
- 2000 MPS with sock by Doyle.
- Spitfire and storm jib.
- 1 Forespar pole attached to forward side of mast.
- All internal halyards led inside conduit.
- 1 spinnaker halyard.
- 1 jib halyard.
- 1 staysail halyard.
- Flag halyards.
- Two self-tailing Lewmar 58’s and two Lewmar 44 S.T. primary and secondary winches.
- Sheet winches, #22 Barient mainsheet winch, Barient #16 and Lewmar #44 S.T.
- Various winch handles.
- Scheafer turning blocks.
- Full genoa gear.
- Full spinnaker gear.
- 6 gallon hot water heater.
- 5” Constellation binnacle compass.
- 1 horseshoe life ring.
- Ensign and staff; special holder for staff.
- Mugs, plastic glasses, and non-breakable dishware, all fitted to custom cabinetry.
- Signal flags.
- Special hatch covers and hatch dodgers.
- 75 lb Paul Luke three piece storm anchor.
- Custom S/S hawse pipe.
- S/S swim ladder.
- Fenders with covers.
- Chelsea clock and barometer and mahogany recording barometer.
- Shore power cords - 30' & 50'.
- C02 detector.
- LPG detector.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Varnished teak cockpit table.
- Life jackets.
- Two running backstays on block & tackles (used often).
- 2-14 lb horizontal propane gas bottles in separate lockers aft of cockpit, with air vent leading over side.
- Insulated backstay.
- Teak life raft holder with 6 man liferaft, recertified in 2010 (sold AS IS).
- Boat completely grounded for lightning with grounding plate.
- 2 large manual Edson bilge pumps-1 gallon per stroke, rebuilt 2017.
- Compressed air horn.
- Mainsail cover as part of Dutchman system; also, mizzen cover.
- 2010 complete summer and winter canvas to protect varnish.
- 2010 custom interior teak cabinets to forward vee berth area and aft locker.
- 2012 recovered all cockpit cushions with custom Sunbrella fabric to match teak.
- 2013 Tri-colored light at masthead changed to LED; also new LED anchor light is sensor-controlled.
- Full navigation LED lights.
- Special holder for air tank located in cockpit locker.
- Many various spare parts including plastic boxes of nuts, screws, bolts, etc.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Seawater temperature gauge.
- Red and white lights throughout cabin.
- Rule electric bilge pumps with Rule 900 & Rule 2000.
- New Hart tank monitor system for fuel, water and holding tanks.
- Enlarged anchor locker and added shelf.
- Added fuel line whistle to signal when full.
- 2017 Whale bilge pumps.
- 2017 added deck pumpout for holding tank.
- 2017 Lewmar V3 12V windlass with control at helm, bow roller and Mantus snubber.
- 2017 Rocna 55 with 150’ G4 chain and 100’ 8-plait 5/8” rode.
- 2017 installed deck washdown – Jabsco quick connect, Shurflow waterguard filter.
- 2017 Spectra V150 watermaker with Zion with spare kit and tester.
- 2017 stereo and new cockpit and salon speakers.
- New Magma propane grill with stern rail mount, new propane tank and valve.
- New AB inflatable 10’ dinghy with aluminum bottom.
- New Honda 6 hp 4 stroke outboard, new mounting bracket, sling, fuel line and tank.
- Replaced drain and refrigerator intake thru-hulls with bronze.
- 2 new Caframo Bora cabin fans.
- 2017 mast mount for TV antenna with FM splitter.
- 2017 new sanitation hoses throughout.
- 2017 new 12V Raritan freshwater head has saltwater backup with switch.
COMMENTS: The listing of this 42´ Alden Caravelle yawl, CYTHERA, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity as it is a rarity to find a vessel which has been kept in this “Bristol” “Over the Top” condition.
For once, the superlatives described above, are merited. In the nearly fifty-two years since she was built, she has had only three owners, each of whom have maintained and upgraded her in an incredibly detailed and thorough way, being mindful of keeping her true to her design, a modern “Classic” in her appearance and performance.
Built to Lloyd’s specifications of solid fiberglass with hull longitudinal stringers, and finished by one of the top European and Danish boatyards, CYTHERA has proven to be offshore capable, having made two transatlantic crossings and numerous trips to the Caribbean and Bermuda. In 1977, she raced to Bermuda in the “Cruising Race” and was first in her class. Her present owner has sailed the East Coast, Bahamas and Keys, and he reports she has always brought him home comfortably and in style.
Her inventory includes new sails, new engine, new masts, new rigging, new State of the Art electronics, new windlass and anchor system, new Bow Thruster, new watermaker, new holding tank system and much more. If seriously interested, please call us to inspect this extraordinary yacht. CYTHERA was designed to the CCA rule, when vessels were both breathtakingly beautiful, and still capable of winning races. CYTHERA will not disappoint you.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 47 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.