Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Westerbeke
- Model: 4-108
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 45hp
- Year: 2006
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
RECENT MAJOR WORK:
New engine, wiring, bottom, Awlgrip of topsides, new AC-DC circuit breaker panel, all new thru hull fittings, chart plotter, radar, VHF and radio
New Balmar alternator, radio, chart plotter and radar following lightning strike
20 gallon holding tank and macerator
New stainless-steel standing rigging
New Garmin Chart Plotter and Radar
New Stainless-steel double lifelines and gates
New Awlgrip of topsides – dark green
New white Dodger
INTRODUCTION: KALMIA is a sloop rigged, full keel sailboat with wheel steering that was designed for speed, seaworthiness, and cruising in comfort, with good upwind performance. Her mahogany interior has a traditional layout plan that sleeps 6 comfortably in two cabins with separate head and galley/nav station. She has always been lovingly maintained and upgraded. Present owners purchased her in 2006 and were the fourth owners. As you can see from the listing, they have made numerous improvements. Please call for your inspection and thank you for your interest.
HULL & DECK:
- 2021 Dark green Awlgrip topsides.
- White deck and house with molded in gray nonskid (cockpit deck paint may need refinishing).
- Gold leaf cove stripe.
- White single boottop, red bottom, 2006 complete bottom job.
- Varnished exterior teak trim, 2021.
- Varnished mahogany interior.
- Solid hand laid fiberglass hull and deck are fiberglassed and bolted together.
- The deck, which includes the molded house and cockpit, is set into a molded flange in the hull. This delivers a boat of extraordinary rigidity and soundness.
- External 6,300 lb. lead ballast keel mounted with Everdur bolts.
- Full keel has an attached rudder.
- Stainless steel stemhead with bow roller and deck chocks.
- Stainless steel bow pulpit, with running lights, and stern rail.
- Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and port and starboard gates, 2020.
- Forepeak cowl vent (and cover plate).
- Chrome dorade cowl vents (and cover plates).
- Varnished teak toe rails, handrails, dorade boxes, hatch frames, hatch covers, winch bases, cockpit coaming, and aft lazarette covers and varnished teak exterior trim.
- Double opening hatches with teak trim and white translucent covers.
- (1) Opening portlight; (6) Fixed portlights.
- (4) Large windows aft house.
- Stainless steel genoa track.
- Mid-ship rail chocks.
- Deck spinnaker pole mounting chocks.
- (2) large stainless steel cleats forward and (2) aft with chocks.
- Propane locker aft of cockpit with two bottles and varnished teak hatch cover; also Xintex S-2A shut-off).
- Aft lazarette stowage compartment has varnished teak hatch cover.
- Ensign staff.
- Raised teak cockpit grate.
- Edson pedestal steering, varnished teak wheel with teak cockpit table.
- 2021 Edson binnacle with mounted lighted compass.
- 3 cockpit lockers.
- 2 stern lazarettes with teak covers.
- Teak boom crutch.
- S/S swim ladder.
Fuel: 38 gallons in Monel tank.
Water: 100 gallons in 2 S/S tanks; 60 gallons beneath cabin floor and 40 gallons beneath vee berth.
Holding: 20 gallons in fiberglass tank under vee berth.
- Raised, full-length varnished teak coaming with winch storage pockets.
- Cockpit seat tops have molded-in nonskid and two opening watertight seats offer easy access to storage areas. Custom amenities include:
- Teak cockpit sole grate.
- Varnished teak cockpit table – folding, pedestal mounted.
- Edson pedestal mounted wheel steering with teak wheel.
- Stainless steel binnacle guard.
- 2021 5” mounted binnacle compass with cover.
- Engine throttle and gear sticks.
- Cockpit access to bilge pump.
- Gauges are mounted in forward bulkhead and near engine.
- Cover plate access to rudder post.
- Forward companionway has a sliding teak hatch with fiberglass sea cover.
- Cockpit cushions.
- S/S swim ladder.
- Emergency tiller.
- 3 cockpit lockers and 2 stern lazarettes with teak covers.
- Companionway screens and doors.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 2006 Westerbeke 45 hp diesel, 4 cylinder, FWC, with 900 hours as reported by Seller.
- New starter to be installed 2023.
- Four blade, Max prop.
- Dual Parker-Racor fuel filters with glass bowl.
- Water lift muffler.
- Cruising speed: 5 knots @ 1800 RPM @ 1 gph.
- 12V & 110V systems.
- 2006 rewired with new Ocean Pursuits circuit breaker panels, AC&DC.
- Batteries: 5 batteries total; 3 in main bank (starboard cockpit locker), 1 start battery (port cockpit locker), 1 windlass battery in forepeak.
- 6 gallon hot water heater.
- 110V panel for shore charger, hot water and 110V head outlet.
- Xantrex inverter and control panel.
- Two state rooms. Four berths in main salon (two pilot berth and two transom settee berths) and one double vee berth forward.
- Enclosed single head to port with hand-held shower, sink, Formica counter, macerator, sump pump, over the sink cabinet and outboard lockers and new looking Jabsco W.C and new head hoses.
- Two hanging lockers, cedar lined (starboard).
- Mahogany table folds into bulkhead.
- Teak and Holly sole.
- Varnished Philippine Mahogany woodwork.
- 2014 beige canvas cushions.
- Force 10 LPG cabin heater on starboard main bulkhead.
- Three burner Shipmate propane stove with full oven (two external tanks in lazarette).
- Sea Frost refrigeration – 12V engine driven and 110V.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Hot water heater.
- Full set of dishes, glasses, cups, pots, pans, utensils and kitchen gadgets.
- 2019 Raymarine wind speed, depth and speedometer.
- Raymarine Autopilot.
- 2018 new Garmin Radar & Chartplotter 1040 XS.
- Standard Horizon Quest-X GX15005 VHF radio.
- ICOM IC-M36 Ram mic VHF.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Masthead Sloop.
- 2010 North mainsail.
- 2008 North Roller furling genoa.
- 2015 North Gennaker (used only 2-3 times).
- Furlex mainsail in-mast furling with adjustable backstay and Harken traveler (no batteries).
- Harken roller furling genoa, serviced 2 years ago.
- Aluminum spar, boom and spinnaker pole.
- Sails cleaned, stored and repaired each year by North.
- 2017 new S/S standing rigging.
- 2 Lewmar #54, S.T. primary winches.
- 2 Lewmar #40, S.T. secondary winches.
- 1 Lewmar #30, S.T. (cabin top for furling/unfurling mainsail).
- 1 Barient #22, port mast.
- 1 Barlow #20, starboard mast.
- 45 lb plow with 50’ chain and 250’ rode.
- Danforth Hi-tensile 20H with 15’ chain and 250’ rode.
- Maxwell 800 anchor windlass with capstan and foot switch on deck.
- 6 person life raft - not certified.
- 10’ Dyer rowing dinghy, with awlgrip to match boat topsides, and 3 hp 2 stroke Mercury outboard.
- Fenders, fender board.
- Docking lines.
- Jack lines.
- Propane grill.
- 30 amp shore line.
- MOB pole.
- 2 boat hooks.
- Companionway screens and doors.
- Emergency tiller.
- Signal flags.
- Winch handles.
- Deck keys.
- 6 Bamboo shroud covers.
- S/S trash can.
- Fume detector.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.