Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Perkins
- Model: 4-108
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 50hp
36 York Street
York, Maine, US, 03909
HULL & DECK:
- Raised deck, raked transom and clipper bow hull configuration.
- White hull, teal sheer stripe, red bottom, buff colored decks.
- Mahogany carvel planking fastened to white oak frames with bronze screws.
- Galvanized fasteners used in backbone.
- Major refit completed in 2017 includes the following:
- New fiberglass over plywood decks, painted buff; new cockpit.
- New centerboard trunk.
- New cockpit.
- Refastened from below waterline with bronze screws.
- Rebuilt skylight hatch.
- Bronze thru hulls & hardware.
- 2016 new seacocks.
Fuel: 60 gallons in 2-30 gallon Monel tanks (1 tank disconnected).
Water: 5 gallons with hand pump.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Perkins 4-108 diesel, 50 hp, FWC, with 953 hours as seen on the hour meter.
- Wheel steering with gear box.
- S/S shaft.
- 12V DC power (no AC power).
- Two batteries (located behind engine).
- New 12V DC circuit breaker panel.
- For four in painted white interior with varnished trim in traditional Herreshoff style.
- Vee berths forward.
- Next aft is the salon with port and starboard settee berth, with drop leaf table off centerboard trunk.
- Next aft is enclosed head to port with porta potti.
- Further aft to port is a galley with small S/S sink, ice chest, and Dickinson 3 burner propane stove with oven.
- Opposite to starboard is the wood stove with heat shielding, followed by a starboard quarter berth.
- Handheld VHF.
- 2017 Garmin 742XS GPS.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Originally rigged as a ketch.
- Laminated Douglas fir spars, painted buff.
- New spruce boom.
- 2016 Dacron sails, main & jib, by Roy Downs (with Down sail covers).
- Boom gallows.
- Galvanized hand spliced wire standing rigging.
- Two electric bilge pumps.
- 50 lb Fisherman anchor with rode.
- 28 lb Yachtsman anchor with rode.
- S/S lifelines and bronze stanchions.
- Bronze deck hardware.
- Nav lights.
- Cathead davit for anchor roller.
COMMENTS: VARUNA is a handsome 36’ Crocker “Presto” gaff-rigged Sloop which has had the benefit of a recent refit, as described above. She also had a very good 2018 survey which is available to interested clients. VARUNA has new sails, a large spacious cockpit, traditional but simple accommodations for four below, and a reliable 50 hp Perkins diesel. Please call us for an inspection of this handsome Crocker.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 46 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.